[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boomer23 said:
Very cool and unexpected news. I know that this makes me feel better, and it must really be good news for those with later order dates. It's great to know that some of the people in positions of power have their heads on right.
+1.
This takes a lot of stress off my wait for the car. Thanks for posting the link to the article, wa2fast!

TT

Article on the CCSE web site announcing that CCSE will continue to be the agency managing the rebates, adding $4.7 million in second year (2011) funding AND the additional $2 million for four-passenger zero emission vehicles.

I'm assuming that the $5 million that we've been watching for was reduced to $4.7 million because the amount includes expenses for operating the program.

https://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-blog/2427-clean-vehicles-funded-for-2011

Screenshot2011-01-13at42557PM.png

The original fund $$ is going pretty fast.....thankfully, there is $5 million to be added to the pot the year!!

That's another $100,000 drop today. I saw two LEAF-sized reservations in the morning, now the total drop for the day is $100,000.

I'm guessing 4 LEAFs for today and 4 large trucks.

EnergyCenter, can you please clarify?

And also, where is the additional $6.7 million on the tracking page as referenced in: https://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-blog/2427-clean-vehicles-funded-for-2011 ??

smkettner said:
What is to verify? I am sure it is all legit and goes to the intended purpose.
The graph tells all and it could be gone tomorrow.

Just wondering. CCSE was willing to tell us that Staples bought 30 e-trucks a few days ago. I'd like to know if these recent reservations were for cars or trucks and how many.

By the way, while we on the forum have fairly good information on how many cars are being reserved and delivered and when for those who are willing to provide that information, the CVRP fund is the best way to track how many cars are actually being delivered state wide. I'm tracking that number, and my best guess right now is that about 45 or 46 LEAFs have been delivered in CA. Information on how many trucks are pulling dollars from the fund helps to keep that number cleaner.

Boomer,
Last I looked the forum spreadsheet had about 150 CA members signed up. do you have a guess at extrapolating to the total # of CA orders that this list reflects? 2x (300) or more like 6x (900)?

Boomer23 said:
smkettner said:
What is to verify? I am sure it is all legit and goes to the intended purpose.
The graph tells all and it could be gone tomorrow.

Just wondering. CCSE was willing to tell us that Staples bought 30 e-trucks a few days ago. I'd like to know if these recent reservations were for cars or trucks and how many.

By the way, while we on the forum have fairly good information on how many cars are being reserved and delivered and when for those who are willing to provide that information, the CVRP fund is the best way to track how many cars are actually being delivered state wide. I'm tracking that number, and my best guess right now is that about 45 or 46 LEAFs have been delivered in CA. Information on how many trucks are pulling dollars from the fund helps to keep that number cleaner.

Well for 8/31 orders there are 44 forum members between VIN 181 and 266 so that represents about 50%, but it also looks like there are far fewer people in the remaining days. I'm not sure if that is because there were fewer orders taken or the forum representation is less. But to guess about your question I'd say that the forum represents at best 50% and possibly as low as 20% in later days, just as you guessed (2x-5x). I don't think that anybody here has a good answer, but we'll know a little more once the Sept 1-3 cars get VIN numbers.

palmermd said:
Well for 8/31 orders there are 44 forum members between VIN 181 and 266 so that represents about 50%, but it also looks like there are far fewer people in the remaining days. I'm not sure if that is because there were fewer orders taken or the forum representation is less. But to guess about your question I'd say that the forum represents at best 50% and possibly as low as 20% in later days, just as you guessed (2x-5x). I don't think that anybody here has a good answer, but we'll know a little more once the Sept 1-3 cars get VIN numbers.

My belief (I'm a 9/3 order) is simply that the majority of the first RAQ period was filled in the first few days (80%?) given that a)these were the ones who wanted it the most, b)people were highly prepared.

Me, I was lazy, on international travel, and at least 3 or 4 other excuses. Net, though - I'd say only 20% of August orders are in 9/3-9/29 which might explain the drop off.

And a PDF of each app to review online. I think they divulge more than they even need to at this point, if they did less perhaps all the truck buyers would not be rushing to buy before it is gone. It works both ways.

Down another $130,000 today. I'm guessing about 6 more large trucks and 2 LEAFs.

Current status of the first $4+ million is 45% allocated. I really wonder why the CCSE isn't showing the $4+ million for 2010-2011 and the additional $2 million recently added.

At $5k per LEAF rebate, there would still be enough for over 1,700 rebates with all approved funds included.

Hello,

We want to let everyone know that their will be a Clean Vehicle Rebate Project Working Group Conference call on February 2 at 10:00am to 12:00. All are invited to call in (call in number below). This meeting will cover several different topics to include: Status of FY 2009-2010 funds and rebates issued, modifications to CVRP for FY 2010-2011, and proposed changes to CVRP for FY 2011-2012. Below is a link to the Air Resources Board website. The agenda will be posted once it is finalized.

This is the first in a series of public workshops to held throughout the year. We encourage all who are interested to call in and participate. If you have any questions you can email us at [email protected].

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aqip/cvrp.htm

CALL-IN NUMBER: 1-877-917-8933

Access Code: 65120

Good afternoon Leafers,

I wanted to update all of you on a few changes we have recently made to the website. I know that some of you have wanted more information on the project status pageof our website. Well, we heard you and are happy to say we have added two new figures. In addition to remaining and allocated rebate funding, the site now offers information on the number of rebates by vehicle type and the amount of rebate dollars allocated.

Program Status
https://energycenter.org/index.php/...an-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-program-status

We have also added a section on additional incentives offered regionally, throughout the state. Please keep in mind, this section is designed to give you summary of the incentive and when available provide links to where these incentives are managed. With that being said, if you have specific questions about any of the incentives listed, please direct them to the contacts listed.

Additional Incentives
https://energycenter.org/index.php/...-vehicle-rebate-project/additional-incentives

As always, we encourage your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

David Almeida
Associate Program Manager, Transportation Programs

California Center for Sustainable Energy
8690 Balboa Ave., Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123-1502
858.244.1190 phone
858.244.1178 fax

Center4Energy said:
Good afternoon Leafers,

I wanted to update all of you on a few changes we have recently made to the website. I know that some of you have wanted more information on the project status pageof our website. Well, we heard you and are happy to say we have added two new figures. In addition to remaining and allocated rebate funding, the site now offers information on the number of rebates by vehicle type and the amount of rebate dollars allocated.

Program Status
https://energycenter.org/index.php/...an-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-program-status

We have also added a section on additional incentives offered regionally, throughout the state. Please keep in mind, this section is designed to give you summary of the incentive and when available provide links to where these incentives are managed. With that being said, if you have specific questions about any of the incentives listed, please direct them to the contacts listed.

Additional Incentives
https://energycenter.org/index.php/...-vehicle-rebate-project/additional-incentives

As always, we encourage your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

David Almeida
Associate Program Manager, Transportation Programs

California Center for Sustainable Energy
8690 Balboa Ave., Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123-1502
858.244.1190 phone
858.244.1178 fax

VERY nice additions, David. Thanks!!

I read earlier that 2M was added for passanger cars carring four people. So how does the priority work with the separate fund? Is the general pool used first or does Leaf come out of the additional 2M first and then the general if any is left?

The Bay Area $700 programs says really nothing. Still no details and no way to apply for or get the funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back