[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lopton said:
I e-mail the CVRP people with this:

Remember that you can only apply for the vehicle on the day you take ownership.

We know that now (remember there was a time we thought we could game the system by applying several days before we got a car and then mailing our registration documents by the 10 day deadline), but one of the things I think they need to do is to make that ABUNDANTLY clear on the eligible vehicles page.

I have permission from a highly placed source in CCSE to post the following emailed reply to my inquiry: (emphasis mine)

We share your concern that Nissan has yet to complete the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project eligibility process for the LEAF. In fact, completing this process is the responsibility of vehicle manufacturers and is something that we have no direct control over. Until this process is complete, we cannot add a vehicle to the official eligibility list as published on the website. However, a few weeks ago, as we approached the date of the first scheduled LEAF deliveries in California, our concern led us to help coordinate and expedite the eligibility process with Nissan and the California Air Resources Board, who funds the Rebate Project and ultimately decides which vehicles are eligible. As a result, we are currently expecting the LEAF to be added to the official CVRP vehicle eligibility list prior to December 11.
In a follow-up, mentioning I was under the impression LEAF was already certified based on this PDF ...

the reply was:

FYI, the 10/25 date marked ZEV Certification for the LEAF, while CVRP eligibility requires an additional regulatory step and separate application procedure (though ZEV certification must be completed first for the light-duty vehicle category).

It was SPLENDID of the CCSE folks to "facilitate" Nissan's application so that the LEAF will be "listed" for the Rebate in time for the first CA delivery.

I wish to thank CCSE for their kind assistance and continued good efforts.

Again, they should be wasting less money on these workshops and just make their website clear and functional.

I attended the SF workshop and they said it was sponsored by AAA.

The fund should cover 1500 - 1600 Leafs in CA. I've tried calculating my chance on receiving the rebate. All existing CA reservations would receive the benefit if all CA orders represent 8% of the existing 20K reservations. I'm guessing that a higher share has been ordered by CA customers. With a January order date I'm hoping my chance is still around 50%. Nissan would not tell me what my place in line is within the population of CA reservations.

LEAF is up now on CVRP Eligible Vehicles list:
https://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-eligible-vehicles

just in the nick of time :)

U023 said:
The fund should cover 1500 - 1600 Leafs in CA. I've tried calculating my chance on receiving the rebate. All existing CA reservations would receive the benefit if all CA orders represent 8% of the existing 20K reservations. I'm guessing that a higher share has been ordered by CA customers. With a January order date I'm hoping my chance is still around 50%. Nissan would not tell me what my place in line is within the population of CA reservations.
If you attended the workshop you should know that the fund is not only for LEAFs. Many other electric vehicles such as Teslas, neighborhood vehicles, electric motorcycles, electric trucks, and even the fuel cell Honda Clarity, can take a cut of it. Even so, I imagine the existing funds will hold out through January.

It looks like I won't get my LEAF until February or March, but I still expect to get the rebate, eventually. Under current law, CARB gets about $65M every fiscal year for programs to reduce petroleum use, and they have been using $5M of it for the rebate program. If the current $8M is gone by the time I get my LEAF, I'll be put on a queue for the next allotment. If the legislature gets on the stick in 2011, that should be available by the end of the summer.

U023, i also have a January order date. On what day in May did you reserve. I reserved on May 15. By that time there were about 10,000 reservations. Probably about 40% from Ca. With a conversion rate from reservations to orders of 70% that would mean there are about 3,000 dliverys ahead of me. It appear that the fund will be exhausted by the time I receive my Leaf. I would advise that you not count the $5,000. toward your budget

Stanley. I actually ordered the same date as you. I just updated my signature with those details. Thanks for setting me straight on my chances for the rebate. I'll start putting in some overtime ;)

I have a January request quote date, but just received an e-mail from Nissan saying delivery will be 4 to 7 months after that.

Not looking good....

Does anyone know how soon you get the CA rebate check after you apply? If not I guess we will find out via Gudy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back