Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timaz said:
According to the San Diego contingent, we should be assigned our delivery dates by the end of October. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Leaffan have your completed an order yet?

No, but the way they screwed me over, it may not be until the 30th. :roll:

Wilson Electric came this morning, I'm officially assessed. It's a stupid easy install involving less than 5 feet of wire. heh.

Im a newbe here and just read all the post in this thread ..I would really be surprised to see any cars dealerships offering any kind of discounts on the Leaf for 2010-11..I would imagine that new owners may even try to sell their Leafs for close to $40 to $50k because of the shortage of Leafs the first year...

I hope to get my Leaf in December in Phx. and $50k will not even take it out of my hands..This is the first time in my life that I have ever look forward to owning a new car..I just wish they would come out and install our free chargers in Az, December is getting so close and the car is going no where with out a charger in the garage..

Well as for discount most of the group going to Rairdon dealership is buying the car. We have a discount of $100 below invoice which includes all accesorsies which is near $1,500 below MSRP!!

You will be able to use the included L1 (120v) EVSE (charging dock) if your 240v (L2) EVSE is not installed in time. However, the EVProject "free" EVSE will probably get there before your car arrives.

Welcome to the Forum!

Just some food for thought, I did receive a below msrp deal here locally from Avondale. If anyone is looking to guy local, give them a shot. I wanted to change the color of the car after I ordered and they literally called me everyday with a status until it was done. Nissan was struggling with how to change the order once it was submitted with this whole new process. I really appreciated how much attention to detail they are showing!

Below MSRP != below Invoice.

But if you're happy and they are treating you right, then really that's all that matters. I bought from Rairdon knowing theres a lot that can go wrong buying "remotely". But it was some good savings so I thought the risk was acceptable.. Only time will tell how it works out.

Gonewild said:
Well as for discount most of the group going to Rairdon dealership is buying the car. We have a discount of $100 below invoice which includes all accesorsies which is near $1,500 below MSRP!!

If we include the accessories at Invoice plus the $300 savings on Doc fees, it comes close to $2000 savings. I've sent emails many times to Avondale, and they told me they wouldn't budge off MSRP. Others in our group have received the same response. So I know you don't want to sound like you didn't get a good deal Tim, but that's going to be a BIG monthly payment savings on my lease. I'll post it after I receive my RAQ. :)

Hmmm so most everyone here has gone down to a AZ. dealership and discussed buying a Leaf from them ? I was waiting on Nissan to email me and tell me where to go to pick it up...I thought the $32k price with free charger and $7k tax deduction was very reasonable for what they are selling...I actually thought Nisan was losing money on the each Leaf at this price...

There is just a amazing feeling to know that this car will never need a gas station...December is just not coming fast enough;-)

Hmmm so most everyone here has gone down to a AZ. dealership and discussed buying a Leaf from them?
I didn't...well not seriously. When I called Midway Nissan a couple days before I placed the order on 9/1 , they couldn't even tell me MSRP! Talk about being out of the loop. I'd much rather deal with a dealer that was "up" on what's going on, not a dealer that doesn't have a clue about a car that will be a history making step forward in automobiles. Their answer went a long way to push me to buy from Rairdon.

mark13 said:
Hmmm so most everyone here has gone down to a AZ. dealership and discussed buying a Leaf from them ? I was waiting on Nissan to email me and tell me where to go to pick it up...I thought the $32k price with free charger and $7k tax deduction was very reasonable for what they are selling...I actually thought Nisan was losing money on the each Leaf at this price...

There is just a amazing feeling to know that this car will never need a gas station...December is just not coming fast enough;-)

Welcome to the forum Mark! :)
I sent you a PM (link is top left to the right of " Logout [ mark12 ]").

I am so excited about owning one of these electric cars. I am glad those of you who feel you that you received a great deal out of state have done so. It was really just about simplicity first for me, then about price. I wanted to make sure I gave myself the maximum chance to receive delivery in December without any additional complications. Gettting a little big better price than MSRP was just icing on the cake. I would really like to receive the tax incentives in 2010 as well. Time will tell I guess.

Timaz said:
I am so excited about owning one of these electric cars. I am glad those of you who feel you that you received a great deal out of state have done so. It was really just about simplicity first for me, then about price. I wanted to make sure I gave myself the maximum chance to receive delivery in December without any additional complications. Gettting a little big better price than MSRP was just icing on the cake. I would really like to receive the tax incentives in 2010 as well. Time will tell I guess.

Yeah, I hope you get it in Dec. so you can receive your tax credits. :)
Since we're having pvs installed in Dec. (will take the fed and state tax credits for 2010), it will really help getting $50-$60 off every month on my lease payment.

Did anyone get an email from EVP with a subject "Site Assessment Notification Free Charger!!" which included two PDFs, one of which was a "residential Installation Summary"?

I'm just curious as mine is labeled with a task number "AZR-011". I'm wondering what others got.

turbo2ltr said:
Did anyone get an email from EVP with a subject "Site Assessment Notification Free Charger!!" which included two PDFs, one of which was a "residential Installation Summary"?

I'm just curious as mine is labeled with a task number "AZR-011". I'm wondering what others got.

I received a call on Aug. 17th from ECOtality to tell me that I was approved for the free charging dock/station. He said I didn't need an assessment and they would install it about two weeks before car delivery. Nissan didn't get the 'official' notice that I was approved until Sept. 4 when my status on the dashboard was changed to "eTec application accepted", but I still haven't been able to order and I'm Sept.

I got an update from Greg of Rairdon's in Wa.

We have 9 Leaf going to Phoenix so far including myself. That does not include other that are still waiting to order like Leaffan etc.

He said in the email today he has Leaf hat on order that he is putting in each car delivered to Phoenix. I ask if they had a Logo but he did not respond yet.

I hope we can get 2 loaded trucks delivered the same day so we can have a group photo and party, maybe a barbeque etc.

Gonewild said:
I got an update from Greg of Rairdon's in Wa.

We have 9 Leaf going to Phoenix so far including myself. That does not include other that are still waiting to order like Leaffan etc.

He said in the email today he has Leaf hat on order that he is putting in each car delivered to Phoenix. I ask if they had a Logo but he did not respond yet.

I hope we can get 2 loaded trucks delivered the same day so we can have a group photo and party, maybe a barbeque etc.

Those hats do say 'LEAF' on them. You can view them and other LEAF merchandise on Nissan's website.

Back