Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I registered, titled, and put plates on the LEAF. It was just over $80 for the title fee, registration fee, and VLT for 5 years of plates. The additional 4 years was just over $31 compared to just 1 year; and saves you the license fee each year. It is nice to have plates on the car instead of a temp tag; along with being the alt fuel plate so I can run the carpool lane alone.

The car is still amazing and I keep learning more and more about it. I am getting between 90-100 miles range with a 80% charge. I have a longer trip tomorrow so I am going to charge it to 100% and see what range I obtain.

Skywagon said:
Today I registered, titled, and put plates on the LEAF. It was just over $80 for the title fee, registration fee, and VLT for 5 years of plates. The additional 4 years was just over $31 compared to just 1 year; and saves you the license fee each year. It is nice to have plates on the car instead of a temp tag; along with being the alt fuel plate so I can run the carpool lane alone.

The car is still amazing and I keep learning more and more about it. I am getting between 90-100 miles range with a 80% charge. I have a longer trip tomorrow so I am going to charge it to 100% and see what range I obtain.
Skywagon how much was the sales tax you had to pay?

You got 90 miles on 80% charge was that not on the highway right? I have a 76 miles RT about 70 on the 101.

Gonewild said:
Skywagon said:

You got 90 miles on 80% charge was that not on the highway right? I have a 76 miles RT about 70 on the 101.

The sales tax was the 6.6% state rate.

And that was not on the freeway, 47-50mph in town.

Carlos said:
EPleafAZ said:
Received my "Residential Participation Agreement" paperwork from Ecotality to e-sign on 1/10/11. Looks like I am AZR-0023. My order status is still listed as "Pending."

Hmmm I E-Signed my "RPA" back in December for ECOtality and they have me listed as AZR-0045? My LEAF status changed the other day from Pending to delivery sometime in March of 2011. Does the AZR number have any correlation to delivery date or does ECOtality just install 30 days or so before any delivery?

For what it is worth, I also just signed the agreement on 1/11/11 and my number is AZR-0120. My delivery date is probably going to be . . . . . . . (I can't bring myself to say it - I just ordered 12/10/10) :cry:

Skywagon said:
Gonewild said:
Skywagon said:

The sales tax was the 6.6% state rate.

And that was not on the freeway, 47-50mph in town.

After looking at my paperwork I stand corrected... it was $70.81 for title, plate, VLT, etc. for the 5-year option. That saves at lot over registering a $32k gas powered car for 5 years.

Gonewild said:
Nice do they have a 3 yr option? What is the yearly charge / savings?

They can do 3 years for those of you doing the lease route. Adding the extra 4 years was around $31; so that should give you an estimate point.

I just dropped the car off this morning for a full clear bra (hood, bumper, charge door, headlights, foglights, mirrors, front fenders, and the door handle recesses) and window tinting. I should have it back this evening. I am looking forward to the tinting as I feel like I am driving a bubble/pope mobile around and am on display. People just stare at the car and then they start staring at me... tinting will help the latter part.

Skywagon said:
Gonewild said:
People just stare at the car and then they start staring at me... tinting will help the latter part.

I've thought about this same issue as well. What do you think of a fake beard, sunglasses and a knit cap pulled low?
This should provide some anonymity but I would advise to stay away from banks and liquor stores..... ;)

Seriously are you adding the protective skins and tinting at the dealer or some other business.
This sounds like a prudent step on a lease if the cost is reasonable.

Carlos

Carlos said:
Skywagon said:
People just stare at the car and then they start staring at me... tinting will help the latter part.

I've thought about this same issue as well. What do you think of a fake beard, sunglasses and a knit cap pulled low?
This should provide some anonymity but I would advise to stay away from banks and liquor stores..... ;)

Seriously are you adding the protective skins and tinting at the dealer or some other business.
This sounds like a prudent step on a lease if the cost is reasonable.

Carlos

I thought about a disguise... maybe even a mask of a dead president.

I am having an independent place do the tinting and clear bra (has done work for me and some of my friends in the past). I will post back with the results.

Skywagon said:
Gonewild said:

They can do 3 years for those of you doing the lease route. Adding the extra 4 years was around $31; so that should give you an estimate point.

I just dropped the car off this morning for a full clear bra (hood, bumper, charge door, headlights, foglights, mirrors, front fenders, and the door handle recesses) and window tinting. I should have it back this evening. I am looking forward to the tinting as I feel like I am driving a bubble/pope mobile around and am on display. People just stare at the car and then they start staring at me... tinting will help the latter part.
I would like to do the same. Does your tinter use the ceramic tint in one film?

I'm so excited that the cars are starting to trickle in. A few years ago I would have thought this impossible.

I am a little disappointed that even though I am number 23 on the list for AZ, that I still don't have a delivery estimate yet. It took forever for the electrical assessment to be scheduled and I reserved and ordered as soon as I was given the opportunity to do both. Of course the ordering wasn't available until after assessment, and it looks like the order date is driving priority in deliveries.

No matter though, still glad to be on the list and will try to be patient. Can't wait to see one of you guys driving around town in your leaf!

Gonewild said:
Skywagon said:
Gonewild said:

I would like to do the same. Does your tinter use the ceramic tint in one film?

I decided to skip the ceramic stuff and go with Llumar's top of the line film as it rejects almost all UV as well; along with the same amount of heat rejection. Plus it is a true black in shade which I think would look nicer than the grays or silvers (due to the black between the doors and the rear filler piece behind the rear door). That combined with a lifetime warranty on peeling and color fade as well. That along with being a much less cost versus the ceramic materials.

Hay my carwings is enabled on my dashboard as of now?
Oh I just notice a Feb delivery date that suxks
:evil:

Oh well it was going to late Jan anyways. My ship is coming in next week.

I emailed
Nissan USA Inc Distribution to see if I can get mud flaps added since my car is not at the dock yet. He said he will check for me.

Skywagon said:
Gonewild said:
I just dropped the car off this morning for a full clear bra (hood, bumper, charge door, headlights, foglights, mirrors, front fenders, and the door handle recesses) and window tinting.

Please post pics of the car with the Window Tinting. I am curious what you chose. What's the maximum darkness permitted to be 'street legal'. Did you choose any other options regarding the tinting (other than the shade or level of darkness).

I'd like to know who you chose, as well, and the pricing if not proprietary.

I have never been satisfied with the level of shading I end up with on any car I have ever purchased.

Wow, it's great to see some leafs rolling into Phoenix. I'm seeing on the thread a lot of folks who ordered from AZ dealerships in September who are now saying they expect their cars to come in March. I'm curious, how do you all know? I ordered my leaf on 11/1 from Mossy Poway in CA ($1200 off MSRP, and only $300 more than Rairdon was offering), and was expecting delivery sometime in March or April. These dates I'm seeing now make me despair, though, that I might not get the leaf 'till summer. any thoughts?

I ordered my car from Fontana (California) on 8/31 and have been driving it for almost a week. I know a few who are getting their cars in March and I keep telling them that it is worth the wait.

As far as tint I ended up with a special deal due to the install of the clear bra (package deal). It all came out great and I will post a photo if I get some in the sunlight either tomorrow or Saturday.

I will be at the Scottsdale Pavilions car show this Saturday (Indian Bend and the 101; ran by the McDonalds). I used to take my previous electrics and hybrids there and have always enjoyed the looks and the questions. If any of you want to see the car and are in the area just drop on by. I will be there from around noon until around 7pm. This is the weekend before the Barrett Jackson auction so it will be very busy/full of cars; you will want to plan on parking a distance away.

Back