Photo comparison

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddiey

Just curious-- does anybody have photos (or links to photos) with a side by side comparison with the Leaf parked beside a Versa (front,back,side,etc)

Thanks!

It would be a good exercise, though I don't think anyone has thought of doing it before you.

I can tell you that the LEAF is slightly longer, slightly wider, and has a slightly longer wheelbase. All the shortcomings that make the Versa just that bit ugly to me.

Someone did a blended image:
3797736680_76367f5373_o.jpg

The picture is not to scale.

I meat the second and third picture. But I like the grill of the top picture but not very aerodynamic.

palmermd said:
Where do you plug it in?

I like that grille too.

Comparing it to the Volvo EV that's sort of setup the same way....the badge area would be an egg-crate motif over a solid black plastic plate rather than cutout as it is shown in the picture. A more subtle version of what currently exists on the LEAF, if you will.

I've sat in and driven the Versa and was impressed with the roominess for a small car - particularly the headroom. Looks like the headroom isn't as good as the Versa in the back seat... not that that's a huge deal; back seats don't get used that much of the time.

What is the purpose of this thread? Just curious. Has anybody done a comparison of the Leaf to a Mazda 3? That comparison would be just as valid, but I'm not sure why you are comparing.
2010_mazda_mazda3_00.jpg

Nissan-LEAF.jpg

palmermd said:
What is the purpose of this thread? Just curious. Has anybody done a comparison of the Leaf to a Mazda 3? That comparison would be just as valid, but I'm not sure why you are comparing.
I think the original idea was to compare the size of the Leaf to the Versa.

But your picture of the Mazda 3 makes me remember how much better the 3 looks than the Leaf - hmm - how to fit Leaf drivetrain in 3 chassis....

mwalsh said:
drees said:
But your picture of the Mazda 3 makes me remember how much better the 3 looks than the Leaf - hmm - how to fit Leaf drivetrain in 3 chassis....

I'm glad I wasn't the one to say that (psssst....but it's true). :lol:

Except for that horrible big smile grille on the Mazda. I'd have to have a black or grey one so the smile didn't show as much.

But then I'm anticipating how the front license plates will look on the LEAF, like a front buck tooth, especially white plates.

I'm not convinced this is a 100% new design, all depends on how one defines that.

palmermd said:
What is the purpose of this thread?

Same as all the other threads... at this point, just to pass the time until December when we see if people actually start getting their cars and have something real to talk about :lol:

Thanks for the picture comparison, and especially the superimposing. I was trying to get an idea of the size difference between the Versa and the leaf. I see Versas all of the time on the road, and keep wondering how close the Leaf looks in comparison to the Versa. It will be a little bit of time before the Leaf comes here, so I wanted to get an idea.

I must say though, the Mazda3 looks ever so slightly better on the side angle.

Anybody have the front end pics to compare as well as the back side?

Hmm, is something not right in the superimposed image-- based on the specs, the leaf is taller than the versa... but the blended image depicts the versa taller than the leaf...

hehe, another thing about the versa.. where's the tailpipe in that pic? lol

Based on wheelbase and other specs, the Leaf seems closer to a Prius than any of those other models.

The-2009-Toyota-Prius-001.jpg

leafprius.jpg

And another go at Leaf versus Versa... A little closer to true scale.
versaleaf2.jpg

Back