Pick up my new 2013 SL tomorrow

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ev007 said:
No mechanics on duty for customer prep - "I can take the plastic off myself, I PROMISE!!!" :p

You need to have the mechanics double check the oil level, adjust the timing, make sure the air filter is clean and other such items. This is the only way that your dealer will be able to offer you the free oil changes for the first year of ownership.

The color is interesting - would love to see how that looks in different lighting conditions. Suspect it will be particularly nice during a good orange sunset.

Good luck with it

I bought the first one, leased the second. After seeing all the changes between the 11/12 and 13/?? models, I was sure I would want to upgrade more often. Plus battery and engine tech should be improving... leasing just seems smarter overall.

LTLFTcomposite said:
ev007 said:
This is actually my second Leaf, I had a 2012 SL I traded in on this guy.
If it isn't being too nosy, you bought these both, or leased?

Not as much as I had hoped. I did shop it around for trade in values... Regal Nissan gave me the best option. I'll PM you the trade-in value they gave me.

evnow said:
ev007 said:
This is actually my second Leaf, I had a 2012 SL I traded in on this guy.
How much did you get for the '12 SL ?

Thanks! The color is really growing on me!

LakeLeaf said:
ev007 said:
No mechanics on duty for customer prep - "I can take the plastic off myself, I PROMISE!!!" :p

You need to have the mechanics double check the oil level, adjust the timing, make sure the air filter is clean and other such items. This is the only way that your dealer will be able to offer you the free oil changes for the first year of ownership.

The color is interesting - would love to see how that looks in different lighting conditions. Suspect it will be particularly nice during a good orange sunset.

Good luck with it

Works great! I'm surprised with the combo of ECO and B mode. Yes, it doesn't take off the line that quickly, but it isn't as timid as the 2012. The B mode regenerative braking is very aggressive... to the point where you can coast down to most stops. It will push the regen to 5 bubbles just by taking your foot off the accelerator.

Overall I would say the new system is "better" and more refined. It will take a little getting use to tho.

KeiJidosha said:
ev007 said:
...This is actually my second Leaf, I had a 2012 SL I traded in on this guy..
Congratulations! Very interested to hear about B mode regen as compared to D and ECO regen in your 2012.

I highly recommend IR rejection window tint. I had it on my 2012 and will put it on my 2013. It works wonders for keeping heat out and not taxing the AC. You can sit with your arms or hands in the sunlight coming through the tint and feel no heat. Doesn't help with the overall baking of the car while sitting in the parking lot, but helps he AC catch up quicker and not run as hard while driving.

cracovian said:
Beautiful car and a nice quite appealing color. What I don't understand about '13 is only the dark leather interior that's available on the SL... A lighter color (even not leather) would be a nice option to have in hotter climates...

My understanding is that there's a new test for this year with the EPA. I'm going to wildly assume they updated the cost of gas... I do know that's for 5 years.

smkettner said:
Anyone know how the $9,100 in fuel savings is estimated?
Is there another thread on this?

Anyway, congrats on the new wheels :D

Thanks!

I picked it up tonight, no problems. New heater system works great, very frugal comparatively to the 2012. Bose sound system is quite solid, not the best I've heard in a car but no slouch (friend has an S4 with a B&O system - totally amazing sound!). Myself, my friend, the finance guy and the sales guy took it for a spin... first SL/Premium they had at the dealership. Everyone noted it seemed quieter than the 2012 and the seats were more comfortable. The new engine does quite well overall too.

I LOVE the Metallic Slate color, but couldn't find one in the SL/Premium combo. Your car will be absolutely gorgeous!

I wish they would let you take factory tours of the TN plant and pick up your Leaf there - that would be an amazing experience!

Good luck next week and try to sleep! :D

CO2Free said:
Congrats on your new wheels! Looks awesome! I've got a Metallic Slate SL coming for me from Tennessee next week. Having a hard time sleeping now let alone knowing it were at the dealership and I couldn't get it! May tomorrow come soon for you and enjoy it!!! :D

LakeLeaf said:

What is the difference between "Glacier Pearl", and "Pearl White"?

I've done the European Delivery Plan on a couple of cars and loved it! I don't think it would work nearly as well on an EV though! :lol:

ev007 said:
I wish they would let you take factory tours of the TN plant and pick up your Leaf there - that would be an amazing experience!

It would be really great for someone w/a CC equipped '13 Leaf to be able to do a range test over the same course and conditions against a relatively new '12 Leaf.

All I can tell you is that Pearl White seems to have little pieces of reflective material in it, kinda like glitter. :p Other than that, I'm friggin' colorblind. :(

Nubo said:
LakeLeaf said:

I just got the "tomorrow" call, woohoo. :) Supposedly ours is arriving at the dealership tomorrow morning, and I can pick it up in the afternoon. It's a 2013 SL in black, with the black leather interior. Excited!

ev007 said:
All I can tell you is that Pearl White seems to have little pieces of reflective material in it, kinda like glitter. :p Other than that, I'm friggin' colorblind. :(

Nubo said:
LakeLeaf said:

Well the Glacier Pearl has subtle sparkles to it also. I guess I'll have to catch a 2013 live to see what the distinction is.

Nubo said:
LakeLeaf said:

I've seen both. Pearl White is cream with metallic flakes (more than Glacier Pearl) and Glacier White is more white than cream with metallic flakes.

cwerdna said:
It would be really great for someone w/a CC equipped '13 Leaf to be able to do a range test over the same course and conditions against a relatively new '12 Leaf.

Range test comparison: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LEAFfan said:
Nubo said:
LakeLeaf said:

I've seen both. Pearl White is cream with metallic flakes (more than Glacier Pearl) and Glacier White is more white than cream with metallic flakes.

Here's the pics I took of them side by side at a local dealership. The 2013 Pearl White is on the left and the 2012 Glacier Pearl is on the right. The Pearl White appears as a more true white color.

2013SLWhite19.jpg

vrwl said:
Here's the pics I took of them side by side at a local dealership. The 2013 Pearl White is on the left and the 2012 Glacier Pearl is on the right. The Pearl White appears as a more true white color.

2013SLWhite19.jpg

Vicki, you're right! When I saw them in person finally together, the Pearl White is whiter and has more metallic flakes than Glacier Pearl. I love it! I just leased an SV in Pearl White yesterday and drove it 95 miles down to 2% on a 100% charge , about 60 miles @ 65mph (66 GPS), 20 miles @ around 50mph, and the rest city driving around 40mph. The temp was in the mid 60sF, relatively flat terrain,little wind, and 4.5m/kW h on the dash. I believe I can drive 100 miles all freeway at at least 60mph (61 GPS) on a 100% charge. The DTE is no longer a GOM because it was exactly the same as my BCM. It's an awesome gauge now! When I had 11 miles left, it went to ---- (two bars still), but the SOC % on the dash took over and again matched my BCM perfectly. Now, I have to have my gauge reworked to show BC again since it just reads the DTE. And it's still 17.4% LBW, 8.5% VLBW, and probably 1.4% at slow speeds/2.4 faster speeds to Turtle.
Other things I've noticed are a much stiffer/better steering feel, quieter with less whine, a better ride, and more comfortable seats.

ev007 said:
Hey Guys -

No mechanics on duty today, so I have to wait, but did take some pics:
img0226nr.jpg

img0228g.jpg

Can't wait to try out the new Premium Package.

Happy Driving!
V.

Congrats! It looks like you got yours from Regal. Thats where I'm getting mine from. I have a slate SL w/ prem coming in this week :)

LEAFfan said:
I just leased an SV in Pearl White yesterday and drove it 95 miles down to 2% on a 100% charge ... and 4.5m/kW h on the dash.
95 mi /4.5 mi/kWh = 21.1 kWh - just what'd you'd expect from a new LEAF...

Back