PS light on a 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badq45t

I looked around the site to see what this is, my wife has seen it now today and she has the car (with the owners manual). Essentially start up the car, it is running but will not go into R or D just N with PS light on. Turn off, turn back on and everything works as normal. Anybody know what this is???

You gotta love a car that fixes it self with a reboot :)

Not going into R or D and having the PS light on would be consistent with a dead traction battery if the red 12-volt battery light is also on (DC-DC converter not charging 12-volt battery). Perhaps there is a loose connection somewhere (or interference on the CAN bus) that makes the controller think the traction battery is dead.

I just tried it and verified pushing the START button twice without pressing the brake pedal will also cause the condition described in the original post.

Gerry

Thanks for the quick response, I wonder if we both accidentally pushed the start button twice without the brake, going through it in my head I cannot frankly remember as I was in front of the post office, but seems like that might explain it. If it happens again I will take it in for service.

Amazingly in the 18 months of ownership we've had exactly zero issues/problems that required service.

badq45t said:
Thanks for the quick response, I wonder if we both accidentally pushed the start button twice without the brake, going through it in my head I cannot frankly remember as I was in front of the post office, but seems like that might explain it.
Actually, pushing the power button twice from OFF even with the brake depressed will take you to that confusing ON state with the dash lit up but no green car. My guess is that you did have the brake depressed but accidentally "jittered" the power button and the computer took it as two quick presses. It's very easy to do.

LESSON TO LEARN: If you think you are ready to go, but can't shift into gear, look for that green car on the dash. If it's not there, make sure the brake is depressed and hit the power button one more time.

(Look here if you are curious about all the possible power state transitions.)

Ray

Back