Qualcomm Halo

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTLFTcomposite

http://www.qualcommhalo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Qualcomm is pioneering the development of Wireless Electric Vehicle Charging (WEVC) technology as a way to bring Electric Vehicles (EV) to the mass market. 

There is a long held misconception that cabled EV charging systems offer near perfect transfer efficiencies...

The result is that Qualcomm Halo WEVC power transfer efficiency is comparable to plug in cabled charging systems, even with misalignment of the charging pads.

goaliepride said:
neat post.
A little sarcasm? :lol:

Actually I was surprised nobody had anything to say about this. The idea that inductive coupling only has losses comparable to what you have in a few crappy connections didn't exactly jive with my limited understanding of the topic. Also I hadn't noticed when I posted that that Qualcomm had made some announcements about this over a year ago, so this isn't really new, but they appear to be increasing the activity around it. Presumably they want to build up some patents and control the standards so they get X dollars on every car that uses it.

Back