questions about ride share and newer leafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyNewLeaf

I'm looking at replacing Red. As expected she was totaled out. Is it worth it to get a 2019 + and then driver rideshare on the side to make a little extra income? other then the guy in Indy who had the battery module issue anyone know any other opinions on this subject?

NyNewLeaf said:
I'm looking at replacing Red. As expected she was totaled out. Is it worth it to get a 2019 + and then driver rideshare on the side to make a little extra income? other then the guy in Indy who had the battery module issue anyone know any other opinions on this subject?

Granted that the 2019+ is in excellent condition (both external and battery), then it would depend on the type of trips. If you start the work day with a full charge and work 3 or 4 hours of inner-city trips it would be worth it provided that you can L2 at home before each shift since you want AC running non-stop to keep passengers and yourself comfortable. You will have to invest in some better tires since you will be racking up a lot of miles. I have nearly +72K miles on my 2020+ because I do a lot of daily driving and the only "maintenance" I have to do is tires and windshield wiper fluid. ;)

knightmb said:
Granted that the 2019+ is in excellent condition (both external and battery), then it would depend on the type of trips. If you start the work day with a full charge and work 3 or 4 hours of inner-city trips it would be worth it provided that you can L2 at home before each shift since you want AC running non-stop to keep passengers and yourself comfortable. You will have to invest in some better tires since you will be racking up a lot of miles. I have nearly +72K miles on my 2020+ because I do a lot of daily driving and the only "maintenance" I have to do is tires and windshield wiper fluid. ;)

That is kind of what I expected. I do have a level 2 charger at home so that is not an issue. Honestly other then replacing the charge port on red which thankfully I was able to figure out how to do myself all I did was a pair of tires in the time I owned her

I ended up getting a Kia Niro. Better range, CCS and active BMA at the same price as the Leaf SV and SL pluses are going for in my area. Thanks

Back