Questions we still have about Nissan Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
The eye-tool did not have threads and was only about 3/16" rod, so not strong enough for towing.

In one glove compartment at the Anaheim Test-Drive we DID find what looked like a BIG "towing" eye-bolt, about 3/4" in diameter, plenty strong for "pulling" the LEAF onto a flat-bed, I suspect.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghweather/5048450684/in/set-72157624962936987/ Yes that looks like a towing eye bolt!
Regards
Bob

you can read the label on this picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghweather/5048450960/in/set-72157624962936987/

"ACCIDENT/INCIDENT KIT"

CONTENT:

1. Proof of Insurance card
2. Incident response forms and instructions
3. Random drug test kit
4. Camera

daniel said:
When I lived in North Dakota, my bum never got cold, even at 30 below zero F. My hands and feet got cold. I could deal with my feet by wearing my bunny boots. But my hands had to be able to control the car and its controls. What I wanted was never heated seats; I wanted a heated steering wheel!!!

But I solved the cold weather issues by moving to relatively mild Spokane.

There's probably a reason why North Dakota is not one of the initial roll-out states! ;)

The 'winter package' is a heated steering wheel, battery pack heater, heated seats and heated side mirrors, but not until 2012.

LEAFfan said:
The 'winter package' is a heated steering wheel, battery pack heater, heated seats and heated side mirrors, but not until 2012.

Do you mean 2012 model ? From all I've seen, the winter package will be here for the cold state ordering (fall next year).

evnow said:
6. What is the Bolt Pattern and wheel Offset for the LEAF? It is a 5-??? and unknown Offset. If someone can measures "across the star" pattern in mm it will be a start.
7. Is there a suitable location to mount a trailer hitch? (For a hitch-mount bicycle rack)
I'll be checking out the Leaf when it arrives here in Portland on November 7th. I'll try to remember to get a bolt pattern measurement and (as long as the pavement is dry) climb underneath the back of the Leaf to check for hitch mounting. I'll be wanting a hitch as soon as I am able to get one, even if it means having one custom fabricated.

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get answers to all the questions asked in this thread, but here are the ones I do have answers to:

1. What are the interior dimensions (should/head/leg space)

113 cubic feet

2. What is the Bolt Pattern and wheel Offset for the LEAF? It is a 5-??? and unknown Offset. If someone can measures "across the star" pattern in mm it will be a start.

Hubs are "parts bin" from other Nissan models. Wheels are the same bolt pattern and offset as Versa.

3. What OBD/CAN connector does Leaf support

ODB2

4. Crash Test Results : When will we get them ? Are there any 3rd party tests coming out with results soon ?

I have a chart showing the results of a 40mph frontal off-set crash test. It resulted in no battery pack damage and appears to result in very minimal passenger cabin intrusion.

crash_test.jpg

IT System/Music :

1. Does Leaf run on Windows Automotive 7 ? Or is it an earlier version ?

Earlier version

5. Will the web-based application (for those of us without a smart phone) be strictly browser based, or will we need to install proprietary software ?

Browser based. Your car will have it's page at a web address.

6. Are there apps being developed for Android, Windows Phone 7 apart from iPhone ?

Android app coming next

Towing :

c) When being towed, will regenerative charging occur?

Not yet, but that is something they're looking at.

Funny that the chart focused on the battery being intact in a 40 mile crash, and no mention at all of the occupant(s). Nissan, in a crash, do you think I care about the battery at all? lol :roll:

trentr said:
Funny that the chart focused on the battery being intact in a 40 mile crash, and no mention at all of the occupant(s). Nissan, in a crash, do you think I care about the battery at all? lol :roll:

I think they are just countering the FUD that batteries will blow up after a crash.

Yes, that doesn't address the crash question.

mwalsh said:
Look at how little intrusion there is into the drivers footwell though. It really helps that there is little in the way of mass on the drivers side of the engine compartment.

BTW, isn't this photo the same we have seen in various pdfs earlier ?

Ooh....something else I just remembered.....there is apparently a capacitor in the car which stores enough energy to maintain radio presets and other memory stuff, for if both the 12v battery and the main pack become fully discharged!

They should have a small flash memory to store that kind of info.
Or, CMOS and a small backup battery would be older technology.
In general, a capacitor is possible, but probably more expensive.

Ok...I'm new here..My account has been stuck onthe assesment section since approved.

1. I put my $99 in April.

2. I plan on submitting the waiver.

3. Placing the order. Does this mean any money down?

4. Carwings?? What is that?

5. Pre-order? What is that?

I currently lease a Nissan Rouge and I have one more year to go before the 3 year lease is up I am planning to roll it into the Leaf.

Any suggestions and does my procrastination mean I put myself in a later place in line???

Thansk in advance!

Back