Rattle - Problem Solved

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob

It's been annoying me for weeks. It isn't very loud, but there is a very quiet rattle in my Leaf. In any other car, I wouldn't have even heard it.

I finally traced it down to my Genie garage door remote control. (Sorry, Nissan, I shouldn't have doubted you.) The plastic buttons are loose in the plastic housing, so with a little vibration, they rattle plastic on plastic. This is the Genie GIT1/GIT2/GIT3/GITR3 style remote. I don't know if other models would rattle.

I solved the problem by putting some strips of thin rubber inside the remote control case, between the edges of the buttons and the PC board, leaving the area between the buttons and switches clear. Now it takes a harder press to open the door, but not so hard as to be a problem.

Now everyone be quiet so I can listen to loud, raunchy music on the radio. :)

When we first got Graffi my wife kept hearing a rattle. We took it to the dealer, salesman first and he drove it around while we listened. Like me, he could not hear it. Eventually after a couple of weeks I could finally make it out so went to service. Their Leaf Master Tech rode around with us and he heard it. A week later we took it in for a day, using a ICE rental for free. The tech ended up dismanteling much of the front until he found the problem, I think it was a defective tie rod or something like that. They ordered it and we took it back a week later for it to be fixed. Now no more rattle and the wife is happy. :D

Back