Remote climate control settings

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbrain

Is there a way to select the mode for climate remotely from the Carwings web site or the app ?
All I see is a button to turn it on or off.

That's not overly useful - I usually turn on the A/C in the afternoon and the heat late at night. So if I turn the climate control on from my office before getting into the car it will turn the A/C instead of the heater - the opposite of what I want.

I know I could use auto mode for climate control and just set the temperature, but it doesn't seem to work with recirculation which I prefer, so I always use custom climate controls on the car.

Carwings definitely needs a temp/AC setting option for remote operation. It's so dumb, really. You have to preset the temp when you leave the car to operate it remotely later at desired temp. And have to click it 20 times to go from 60 to 80. I'm a big proponent of old-fashioned knobs. Takes a split second to turn from cold to hot.

And they call it progress... Ha! Gimme a knob!

madbrain said:
Is there a way to select the mode for climate remotely from the Carwings web site or the app ?
All I see is a button to turn it on or off.

That's not overly useful - I usually turn on the A/C in the afternoon and the heat late at night. So if I turn the climate control on from my office before getting into the car it will turn the A/C instead of the heater - the opposite of what I want.

I know I could use auto mode for climate control and just set the temperature, but it doesn't seem to work with recirculation which I prefer, so I always use custom climate controls on the car.
No, you can't adjust the mode. The remote climate control activation is preset to 77ºF and is not adjustable, same as the timer climate control. It has nothing to do with what settings you had on the CC system when you parked the car. My recollection is that it also uses recirculate, not outside air.

Whether it preheats or precools depends on the inside temperature of the car (the sensor is in the middle of the dash, IIRC).

If 77º is too warm (or too cold) you can experiment with the time it runs before you expect to get in the car.
ILETRIC said:
Carwings definitely needs a temp/AC setting option for remote operation. It's so dumb, really. You have to preset the temp when you leave the car to operate it remotely later at desired temp. And have to click it 20 times to go from 60 to 80...
I believe this is not true and the remote CC uses the same preset 77º as the timer CC.

Yep, it is recirculated air, and you can not change it when using the timer or remote turn on. Sometimes results in fogged windows, so now you have to use the power hungry defroster.

In a nut shell, you have zero options when using the remote or timer.

More info on remote CC:
• The climate control can be operated for a maximum of 2 hours when the charge connector is connected to the vehicle, or a maximum of 15 minutes when the charge connector is disconnected.

• The remote climate control will only start to operate when the power switch is in the OFF position. Be sure to check that the power switch is in the OFF position.

• Remote climate control operation is not available when the vehicle is [not?] in an area of cellular communication range.

• Communication becomes unavailable when the vehicle is not used for two weeks or more. When the power switch is placed in the ON position, communication with the NISSAN CARWINGS Data Center can be restored.

• Air conditioning is limited to the capacity of the electric power when the charge connector is connected to the vehicle. Therefore, the temperature may not reach a comfortable level due to performance of the air conditioning being limited, if the outside temperature is excessively high or low, or if the charge connector is connected to a 120V outlet.

• If the power switch is in the ON position or the charge connector is disconnected, while the remote climate control is being operated, remote climate control operation is automatically stopped and an e-mail is sent.

• If remote climate control operation is started while the vehicle is in normal charge mode, the climate control operates in climate control priority mode and charging is continued.

• If remote climate control operation is started and charging is stopped while the vehicle is in quick charge mode, climate control operation is also stopped.

• If the quick charge connector is connected and charging is not performed, remote climate control operation starts using the battery electric power of the vehicle.
LEAF manual, p 4-12

ebill3 said:
Yep, it is recirculated air, and you can not change it when using the timer or remote turn on. Sometimes results in fogged windows, so now you have to use the power hungry defroster.*

In a nut shell, you have zero options when using the remote or timer.
*Unless you have Phil's modified CC controller, which allows no-heat defogging if the outside humidity isn't too high. (Used it today :) )

Back