Revenge of the Electric Car-Los Angeles Showing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got tickets for the Nuart showing for 2:50 pm Friday Oct. 21. Trying to get over there before the traffic gets too crazy. Hope to see some of you there!

Saw the film along with a huge crowd last night in Santa Barbara. It is a great film on many levels, great cinematography and great insights into the development of EVs by four different companies with four different strategies. There was a lively panel discussion after the film which included the filmmaker Chris Paine along with Gadget and his charming wife. DON'T MISS IT IN LA!

Looks like Nissan will give Leaf owners 2 free tickets -- Below is the e-mail. The Oct. 19 special screening is sold out, but they still had tickets this morning for the screenings in Santa Monica starting Oct. 21. By the way, you call the number, push 1 for English and then push 4.

"You're invited. Attend an exclusive movie screening courtesy of Nissan LEAF™

As a Nissan LEAF™ owner, you get rewarded every day for choosing this 100% electric car.
now, we want to reward you again with an invitation for you and a guest to an exclusive screening
with the press of Revenge of the Electric Car on October 19. This film features the Nissan LEAF™
and other electric vehicles. during the pre-screening reception, meet Chris Paine, the director of the film, and chat with fellow enthusiasts. We will also have a portable quick charger available so you can charge up. the reception starts at 5:00 p.m., and the screening is at 7:00 p.m.

There are a limited number of spots available, so be sure to RSVP by calling 1-877-no-gas-ev (664-2738), and pressing #4 from the menu to reserve your spot.* And if you’re unable to attend, Nissan would like to invite you and a guest to instead see the film at the Landmark Nuart in Santa Monica, beginning October 21. Tickets are limited, so RSVP by calling the same number as above.

INNOVATION FOR THE PLANET. INNOVATION FOR ALL. NISSAN LEAF™

*Limited number of tickets available. Limit one pair of tickets per person. RSVPs are based on first-call basis to secure tickets. Hours to RSVP are 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. EST Mon-Fri and 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. EST Sat.

I didn't get an invite and apparently I'm in the movie. Speaking and everything. I'm told I didn't make a fool of myself on camera but I'm not sure I believe that.

Devin said:
I didn't get an invite and apparently I'm in the movie. Speaking and everything. I'm told I didn't make a fool of myself on camera but I'm not sure I believe that.

How cool!

Just call the number above. It's open to all Leaf owners.

So I will be at the Chiat Day showing after all! The original email went into my spam box and I didn't see it until all the tickets were gone. But a friend of mine at work (who became a Leaf owner a couple weeks ago) just scored a couple invites. She gave an on-camera interview at the Alt Car Expo a couple weekends ago for Nissan and they gave her the tickets as a thank-you. So I will be her guest :)

Just got back from seeing the movie here in LA. Really fun! Saw a bunch of LEAF's parked near the theater. Chris Paine was there for a Q&A after the movie. They did a great job highlighting the 4 characters in the movie. Really entertaining. Was interesting to see Carlos Ghosn and his perspective with the LEAF. Does feel like we are part of something big and exciting (although we already knew that). Check out the movie if you get a chance!

-Peter

prberg said:
Just got back from seeing the movie here in LA. Really fun! Saw a bunch of LEAF's parked near the theater. Chris Paine was there for a Q&A after the movie. They did a great job highlighting the 4 characters in the movie. Really entertaining. Was interesting to see Carlos Ghosn and his perspective with the LEAF. Does feel like we are part of something big and exciting (although we already knew that). Check out the movie if you get a chance!

-Peter
+1

I was at the Sunday 2:50PM showing at the Nuart in West Los Angeles. Even on Sunday, traffic was crazy around downtown and the I-10-I-405 interchange. On way there I stopped for another good brunch at La Dijonaise while my Leaf charged on free Clipper Creek at the Helms bakery mall. I had calculated my SOC carefully along route, with predicted SOC as I passed charging opportunities at SCE-CTAC in Irwindale and SCE-HQ in Rosemead. However, I discovered that despite my best efforts, the aggressive 0-20 stop-and-go of everyone around me really drained my SOC. I lost about 10% over just 4-5 miles.

The Nuart is a well-known but small-looking theater on outside, but inside it has a spacious screening room with good seats and very clean solid surround sound.

The film was top-notch, with good script, quality production values, sound, editing, narration. I was delighted to see the film start with Dan Neil, because I used to enjoy the great car reports he used to do for the Los Angeles Times.

The film effectively captured the "betting-it-all" tension behind each very different development team. During the Q&A Chris Paine explained how he managed to get Bob Lutz and Elon Musk on camera together at an auto show, because each had separately said they would never be seen at the others' booth. They ended up on neutral territory at the Leaf exhibit.

"Gatget" was also part of the Q&A, and he assisted Chris who is partially deaf. Afterwards I chatted with "Gatget" in the parking lot where they exhibited his EV conversion featured in the film, along with Chris's Leaf and Tesla. I had seen Gatget's car at the plug-in parades, but this time I could see it up close. Note that each Lithium battery has its own balancing circuit.
IMG0010-M.jpg

IMG0013-M.jpg

IMG0012-M.jpg

I was at the NuArt for the Friday premier, having scored some of the movie and did the music for both the trailers, I had seen it in parts months ago but now seeing it all together, i believe its a brilliant movie with a great storyline, a must see for all EV peps. i was lucky to have the invite to the Tesla showroom for the party afterwards, that model S looks cool! i love my leaf tho!

In today's mail (Monday) I received 2 tickets to "Revenge of the Electric Car", compliments of Nissan. I had requested them Thursday from CS, and they took 3 days to arrive from Fenton, MO. When I didn't get them by Saturday, I paid for my own ticket to see the movie Sunday with less traffic. The movie is running only one week at the Nuart. The tickets are good for any performance. If anyone in the LA area would like these tickets, PM me with an address and I will put them in the mail tomorrow morning.

tbleakne said:
In today's mail (Monday) I received 2 tickets to "Revenge of the Electric Car", compliments of Nissan. I had requested them Thursday from CS, and they took 3 days to arrive from Fenton, MO.
I also received my 2 complimentary tickets yesterday (Monday). I had ordered a week ago Thursday. So mine took 10 days to arrive from MO. :cry:

According to the Landmark website, the movie runs through this Thursday (10/27).

Unfortunately, we cannot make it to LA during the week. So, if anyone in the LA/OC area would like these two, please PM me and I can get them in the mail this morning.

One guy at our screening said before the movie he wanted to buy a Tesla but afterwards he didn't because of the crazy drama behind the Roadster and Elon. Oops.

I'd totally buy a Model S if I had 60 to 90k in cash lying around. :)

Back