San Diego FOX Channel 5 "News" Broadcast from Encinitas

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

There were three LEAF's, a couple Prius's, a Mini electric and a couple electric scooters at the Moonlight State Beach in Encinitas, California this morning. The local channel 5 folks came out to do a two minute broadcast on electric vehicles.

This was organized by the city of Encinitas. My car is on the left, with the hood open.

EDIT: Here's the video>>> http://www.fox5sandiego.com/videobeta/2816eda9-005f-4859-98e7-edbff21e0b54/News/Full-Throttle-Friday-Underground-E-Mobility-Car-Show

LEAFfoxNewsEncinitasIMG_0733.jpg

LEAFfoxNewsEncinitasIMG_0734.jpg

LEAFfoxNewsEncinitasIMG_0735.jpg

Nice, Tony...

I was asked to be there this morning, but declined. Here's the email that I sent:

Carris....

I'd love to....if it wasn't Fox. I've seen Fox news stations distort the stories they're reporting on so badly that I don't want to be a part of their "news". They might sound like they're doing a story with a positive note, but I can just see them editing out all the good parts and ending the story with "These may be great cars, but without a federal subsidy, would you REALLY spend this much on a car that can't even make the drive to LA?" Fade to black as the wrong message sinks in.

Thanks, but I'll pass on that.

Thanks for the offer, though!! See you on the 26th!!!

Jim

Maybe a little over the top, but I simply do not trust Fox news. I WILL be there on the 26th, though. :mrgreen:

Jimmydreams said:
I was asked to be there this morning, but declined. ....
I'd love to....if it wasn't Fox. I've seen Fox news stations distort the stories they're reporting on so badly that I don't want to be a part of their "news".

I'm not sure how much the local affiliate stations have to follow the Fox dogma. I didn't see the actual broadcast, so not sure what was said.

Carry did about half the talking, and the guy who owned the car with the solar panel advertising did the remainder.

See ya on the Thurs, the 26th in Encinitas.

"These may be great cars, but without a federal subsidy, would you REALLY spend this much on a car that can't even make the drive to LA?"

That would be legitimate question. I've read here that some would not have bought their Leaf without incentives.

Train said:
"These may be great cars, but without a federal subsidy, would you REALLY spend this much on a car that can't even make the drive to LA?"

That would be legitimate question. I've read here that some would not have bought their Leaf without incentives.

The recurrent questions I seem to get (today, too) are:

Can I drive to Las Vegas?

My answer is no, it's not the tool for the job, just like if I wanted to haul 100,000 pounds of produce across town, your Chrysler New Yorker is not the tool for the job.

How much do the batteries cost?

They're warranted for 8 years, so not sure what they'll cost then. Probably 1/4 what they cost now.

Watched the documentary "OutFoxed" streaming on Netflix. Ouch! Great job taking an ax to those guys and how they pass right wing opinion off as "news". Highly recommend.

Train said:

but does anyone have an estimate as to how much current and past federal subsidies for the petroleum industry, the ICE auto industry, or other associated fields lower the price and operating costs of ICE cars over their typical use lifetime? I'm guessing we'd be in a much different place if the govt hadn't continuously committed to those subsidies way back when.

Maybe that person can add up the total cost that federal regulations have added to all related industries in automobile production in the past as well.

talk to fox at your peril.
inculcating all with the reich wing veltanshang is their agenda.

there is always an ax to grind at Fox or do you think Roger Ailes is a mythological creature?

follow the jimmydreams approach. send them packing.
do you really need to be on TV so badly, that you will do it for free while they reap millions in advertising and then edit you to sound like a shrill and precious tree-hugger who only bought the car cause you have cash to spare and a big fat check from the feds and the state?
if so, go on housewives of EV drivers.

TonyWilliams said:
Jimmydreams said:
I was asked to be there this morning, but declined. ....
I'd love to....if it wasn't Fox. I've seen Fox news stations distort the stories they're reporting on so badly that I don't want to be a part of their "news".

I'm not sure how much the local affiliate stations have to follow the Fox dogma.
snip

See ya on the Thurs, the 26th in Encinitas.

Rupert Murdoch's FauX News is worse that pathetic IMO. However, I've not noticed any sort of bias on this local FOX morning show (Arthel Neville made a few add-on comments, but she's gone now).

See you on 26th. No Leaf unfortunately, but maybe I'll bring my custom electric bike.

Shaun

Back