San Diego Meet, Apr 7, 9-12, Coda EV / Quick Charge Displays

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimLovewell said:
Is that a three phase connector?

No, the IEC60309 is a 125 Amp, 240 V, Single Phase, 3-wire, Watertight Connector. The second TOU meter is at my residence. I want to get a Tesla Model S. So, since I was spending so much on the electrical upgrade anyway I put in a connection suitable for the Tesla.

Jim

So, you'll get the two 10kW charger with you Tesla, and have 30kW ultimate capacity. Very nice. I have two meters also, but the 7.7 cent rate will likely go away before I get a Tesla or other high power demand car.

JimLovewell said:
Guests:

I've invited Luigi Giubbolini, President of Andromedapower.com to our meeting. He's producing an exciting line of DC quick chargers, and is located right here in sunny SoCal. More to follow on that.

Wow, the Italians have nailed the sweet spot with these DC charger. This is the charger I have been looking for. I am 6 blocks off the 580 Freeway (San Leandro, Estudillo exit) and would love to hook one of these up to my second meter (125 A breaker in subpanel) and make it available via PlugShare. It is too bad it does not have a Point of Sale (POS) option. Not that I was thinking of making any money, it is just I would want to offset some of the cost if it got used a lot. I would think I could plug it directly into my pre existing IEC-60309 connecter (rated at 125 A). No hassle from the city or PG&E. :D The big questions is do you trust Italian engineering???

You know I really thought Phil Sadow would have come up with this first. :!:

Jim

The Andromeda Power ORCA Mobile charger can also work with mono-phase 240V input. With the 125A breaker you can actually charge your EV at a rate of 25kW continuously!

Look at the datasheet, Table1, here: http://www.andromedapower.com/uploads/ORCA-Mobile_datasheet_120111.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HeatherLin said:
JimLovewell said:
(rated at 125 A). No hassle from the city or PG&E. :D The big questions is do you trust Italian engineering???

The Andromeda Power ORCA Mobile charger can also work with mono-phase 240V input. With the 125A breaker you can actually charge your EV at a rate of 25kW continuously!

Look at the datasheet, Table1, here: http://www.andromedapower.com/uploads/ORCA-Mobile_datasheet_120111.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heather,

25kW at 240 volts is 104.17 amps, and we can only plan for an 80% load, therefore it would require 130 amp service. The maximum on a 125 amp breaker would be 100 amps (24kW).

See ya in two weeks.

Tony

TonyWilliams said:
HeatherLin said:
JimLovewell said:
(rated at 125 A). No hassle from the city or PG&E. :D The big questions is do you trust Italian engineering???

Heather,

25kW at 240 volts is 104.17 amps, and we can only plan for an 80% load, therefore it would require 130 amp service. The maximum on a 125 amp breaker would be 100 amps (24kW).

See ya in two weeks.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Just to clarify, that was not me answering. I wouldn't know such things (or have the interest) without an engineering degree! ;)

The Real Heather

First San Diego DC fast charger physically installed in San Diego. No, it won't be available any time soon, but we're working on it. No, it not Ecotality. Claremont Mesa Blvd.

640d2bf1.jpg

51806620.jpg

33f007b3.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
First San Diego DC fast charger physically installed in San Diego. No, it won't be available any time soon, but we're working on it. No, it not Ecotality. Claremont Mesa Blvd.
Yes, I've been there several times in the last few months but I am told that it's for SDG&E fleet LEAFs only :-(
DC%2520Charger_SDG%2526E.JPG

Back