Saving addresses with nicknames or label

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyZEVer

I have saved some addresses in the Nav system but can't seem to figure out a way to label or nickname the street address. For instance, in my old Garmin Nuvi gps, I can look up an address and save it with the label "mom's house." Is there a similar function in the Leaf's Nav system? Currently, I just see a listing of street addresses.

happyZEVer said:
I have saved some addresses in the Nav system but can't seem to figure out a way to label or nickname the street address. For instance, in my old Garmin Nuvi gps, I can look up an address and save it with the label "mom's house." Is there a similar function in the Leaf's Nav system? Currently, I just see a listing of street addresses.
It's easy to do using Google Maps. Search the location there, when the map comes up click the More button under the picture then Send. Choose Car when the submenu pops up. At the top of that screen the address you put in will be the default text but you can edit it to say Mom's house or whatever. Then you click the send button When you download it in the car hit pause when the voice is reading it out, and then "set as new destination". Then it is saved as a previous destination. If you don't set it as a destination, it disappears the next time new locations are downloaded, I think. So you can do this with a whole list of destinations one time, even if you aren't going there now and then cancel the route, so you can set the next one as the new destination. I've done that, storing 5 pr 6 locations in the system for the next day. This method is also handy when you think you're going to be out of cell phone range and can't download the destinations when you need them. The nav system works from satellites and doesn't need the cell service to navigate, only to download.

Back