Seat cover for 2016 Leaf drivers seat

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorkshoei

The cover on the drivers seat on our 2016 Leaf S (EXT: Gun Metallic, INT: Black) has started to split at the seams. Both on the seat bottom and on the seat back.

Dealer told me there was a replacement upholstery available for the seat bottom (I didn't get the part#) but I'd have to purchase an entire new seat to get the seat back upholstery fixed.

The dealer suggested:
- getting a seat from a junk yard (obviously would need to be the same trim)
- looking on eBay

Other options I thought of:
- aftermarket covers (specific to Leaf) we could install ourselves -- any recommendations?
- take it to a local auto upholster as maybe they can get closer to the original fabric

Any other options I'm not aware of?

Depends a lot on the damage, pictures would help, but if it's just starting to come apart at the seams, your local auto upholsterer might just be the most economical option.

As for seat covers, one brand that seems to be very well liked on this forum is Wet Okole.

One tip for upholstery: if you're brave enough is if you take the seat apart yourself, you will most likely save some money as the upholsterer won't have to do it themselves.

FinnishCoffee said:
As for seat covers, one brand that seems to be very well liked on this forum is Wet Okole.
I have had Wet Okole seat covers on my front seats since my Leaf was new (and that's a long time ago), and they still look good. Don't know what it looks like underneath, but it doesn't really matter (since the covers are never coming off).

Back