Seattle Leaf Owners & future-Owners meet #1 : Feb 5 @1:00PM

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll throw out a possibility.

Southcenter Starbucks? Plenty of parking. It's far south. Younker Nissan is nearby for a charge.

Starbucks
333 Strander Blvd,
Tukwila, WA 98188

2/5/11 - Saturday @ noon

SeattleBlueLeaf said:

Southcenter Starbucks? Plenty of parking. It's far south. Younker Nissan is nearby for a charge.

Starbucks
333 Strander Blvd,
Tukwila, WA 98188

2/5/11 - Saturday @ noon
This sounds great. I'll have my LEAF by then, and it's within range from Kirkland!

Younkers i can do. its just about 50 miles to there from my house. if i can plug in there (do they have charging?) for about 60-90 minutes and ride with someone to Starbucks that would work.

TDog said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:

Starbucks
333 Strander Blvd,
Tukwila, WA 98188

2/5/11 - Saturday @ noon
This sounds great. I'll have my LEAF by then, and it's within range from Kirkland!

I won't get mine until April :cry: , so if you have an open seat and I don't have to be at a soccer game, could I bum a ride from Kirkland?

I'll pay for gas.

Sounds like a safe bet.

Here is an alternate place. Has the best Yelp rating of coffee shops nearby. I've not been there. Problems - need to park nearby, since they don't have a parking lot and have to pay in cash.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/liberty-cafe-renton

Liberty Cafe
926 S 3rd St, Renton, WA 98057
(425) 235-1400

3 miles to Younker.

evnow said:
Sounds like a safe bet.

Here is an alternate place. Has the best Yelp rating of coffee shops nearby. I've not been there. Problems - need to park nearby, since they don't have a parking lot and have to pay in cash.

Liberty Cafe
(425) 235-1400

3 miles to Younker.

gets my vote. i am NOT a huge Starbucks fan and personally love supporting "the little guy"

DaveinOlyWA said:
gets my vote. i am NOT a huge Starbucks fan and personally love supporting "the little guy"
Same here. Apart from the bad coffee you get at *$s.

There is also the Burian Press which is closer to you - not sure whether you can make it there and back without recharge.

Limited on-street Parking, but reportedly there is an "open" lot at 225 S Logan Ave. ?? ... and some other parking just a "few blocks" away?

A "smaller" establishment, probably OK for smaller groups.
Apparently it has WiFi available.
CASH only, no "charging"! :)

Enjoy, and please let us know how it works out.

If you are bringing a LEAF, you might call ahead and see if the owner (Mike, I think) can "reserve" a parking spot right in front of his cafe, for your special "attraction". Just an idea.

It's on a one-way street, I think.

garygid said:
Limited on-street Parking, but reportedly there is an "open" lot at 225 S Logan Ave. ?? ... and some other parking just a "few blocks" away?

A "smaller" establishment, probably OK for smaller groups.
Apparently it has WiFi available.
CASH only, no "charging"! :)

Enjoy, and please let us know how it works out.

If you are bringing a LEAF, you might call ahead and see if the owner (Mike, I think) can "reserve" a parking spot right in front of his cafe, for your special "attraction". Just an idea.

It's on a one-way street, I think.

How about the big blue and yellow box in south Renton? Wifi, acres of free parking and breakfast served at 9 am on Saturday, Swedish pancakes and Lingonberries $1.99 and scrambled eggs and bacon $.99, and I can charge it. Store opens at 10 am. Eco-sensitive retailer. They might feature the Leafs in their covered parking area near the entrance. I'll have to stop there anyway if my significant other hears that there is a reason to go to Renton.

evnow said:
Sounds like a safe bet.

Liberty Cafe
(425) 235-1400

3 miles to Younker.

Let's do it. I'd rather go indi as well over Bucks and glad to see a decent option. Downtown Renton is old stomping grounds so I think this is great.

Anytime that day works for me but given that Dave is coming from Olympia - Noon as a time or does someone have a strong preference for earlier?

and I'll have my LEAF by then as well. Younker has four charge stations total and I believe two are out front. I'll know soon enough.

Dave - I'd be happy to meet up earlier at Younker and carpool you over.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Anytime that day works for me but given that Dave is coming from Olympia - Noon as a time or does someone have a strong preference for earlier?
Since we are meeting for coffee & not lunch, I prefer a slightly later timing. 1:00 PM.

If there are enough Leafs - we could all meet at Younker & go in a Leaf procession !

OKay - official details then:

Date: 2/5/11
Time: 1:00 PM

Where:
Liberty Cafe
(425) 235-1400

I'm going to post on the Seattle LEAF Facebook page as well.

Are people open to 1/6 instead of 1/5, if forecast says 1/6 is better than 1/5 ? We won't have good forecast until 1/2 or so.

Back