Software Upgrade? Feb 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spike09 said:
Any one got the new Owners Manual yet?

Got mine last week but I have not reviewed it to see if there are any significant changes.

walter said:
The new software update seems to have changed the way my drivers window works. I can still depress the button and window will travel all the way down with just one press, but now to raise the window you have to hold the switch until the window goes all the way up. I was able to close the window entirely with just a quick flick of the button, always thought that was unsafe. Good for Nissan to correct a potential law suit from someone getting killed....... :?:

+1 This sucks. :cry:

Bassman said:
walter said:
The new software update seems to have changed the way my drivers window works. I can still depress the button and window will travel all the way down with just one press, but now to raise the window you have to hold the switch until the window goes all the way up. I was able to close the window entirely with just a quick flick of the button, always thought that was unsafe. Good for Nissan to correct a potential law suit from someone getting killed....... :?:

+1 This sucks. :cry:

That's nothing to do with the software update but an effect of removing the 12v battery. It resets your windows setting. The user manual should show you how to make it automatic again.

Yes, in old or new manual; if 'the window does not automatically close' instructions:

1. Place the power switch in the ON position
2. Close the door
3. Open the window completely by operating the power window switch
4. Pull the power window switch and hold the switch more than 3 seconds after the window is closed completely
5. Release the power switch. Operate the window by the automatic function to confirm the initialization is complete

The last comments basically say, if that doesn't work take the car to the dealer -- the auto up/down function simply has you push or pull the switch and immediately let go and the window will auto up or down.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread mention the improvement in the rangemeter accuracy. That was the main reason for the upgrade given in the initial email and by the dealer. It does seem more accurate to me. In particular it doesn't drop so fast just because I get on the freeway for a few miles. Before the upgrade it would start at 83 miles range, then if I drove 3 miles on the freeway and got off it would say I had 58 miles left or something like that. Now it only drops to 75 or so. And if I then drive moderately on city streets for awhile, it will actually go back up a bit or at least not drop at all for several miles.

I have seen no noticeable change now after a week of driving the same routes I drove prior to the update. I'm getting virtually the same numbers I did before the upgrade...

Rat said:
I haven't seen anyone in this thread mention the improvement in the rangemeter accuracy.

Need confirmation, Team:

Since this firmware update, I can now run the fan/vent without heater or A/C kicking in.

Could this always be done, or is it a result of the update?

Set Temp to 60 degrees
Set Mode to upper vent
Select Outside Air
Press A/C button to off position
Adjust fan speed to preference

Result: No power consumption on Climate Control - Zero kWh used on Energy screen under CC.

To turn off fan, turn off Climate Control, but if I want a little fresh air, I just hit the fan "+" button.

Can others verify these setting and get the same results?

Was anything mentioned in the new owners manual? My Dealer didn't have any during my update...

Thank you.

I'll double check tomorrow morning. It is still below 40 when I leave for work, I'll run through these steps and confirm that the heater does not kick on....

Dealer made me wait two weeks for the update. The reason, they had NOT received the revised "Owners Manuals". Then when the dealer did do the upgrade I had to ask for the revised Owners Manual. I actually drove away from the service ares before i realized they did not give me the new Owners Manual.

Stadium Nissan of Orange, CA came to the house an did both LEAFs in 90 minutes. They are planning on mailing the manuals. A painless experience and the only oddities were resetting the charging timers and the range showed 111 miles when done whereas it usually shows only 79.

GPowers said:
Dealer made me wait two weeks for the update. The reason, they had NOT received the revised "Owners Manuals". Then when the dealer did do the upgrade I had to ask for the revised Owners Manual. I actually drove away from the service ares before i realized they did not give me the new Owners Manual.

That's dumb. I went ahead and got mine done at 7,500 miles. Still haven't got the owners manual yet, it's on order.

Stadium Nissan of Orange made me wait until 11:30Am with an 8:30 apt
and then gave me a Loaner car. They called about 1PM to say it was ready.

I waited 2 weeks to insure that they had done at least one other car. It is very evident since they told me that they were having problems downloading the files that I was the first one.

The tech also left black marks on the door under edge and left the door pulls dirty.

I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

Mossy Kearny Mesa of San Diego did my update within their 90 minute estimate, with a 9am appointment, did a computer and manual inspection and gave me the report - all OK, checked tire inflation, and washed the car. $0.

The update did not change my drivers' window auto-up setting. The GOM is definitely different. Better, I think. It generally shows more range on a full battery, though of course that's still heavily influenced by how you were driving the day before. E.g., leaving the dealer it showed 110 miles on 11 bars. I don't think I actually have any more range now, but the GOM readings seem to correlate a little better with the numbers from Tony's range chart.

I don't know if this is a change or not, because I had never paid much attention to the center console mpkWh display before. I thought that it, like the dashboard mpkWh display only went up to 8.0. But I reset it while cruising at a steady 65 mph on a very slight downhill, with the power bubble meter at zero. It quickly went to 99.9 and stayed there until the road started uphill again and then steadily ticked downward. Pretty fun to watch. It reacts more quickly to changes than does the dashboard display.

Peeping my head above ground for this one (sorry I've been missing for a bit - life happens :) )

I had my software update yesterday along with my 1yr service... only light driving but my gut tells me two things have changed (aside from the door warning)

1. I also think the GOM is a little better. Almost like they over-corrected on the last update and now they've brought it into normal range - I won't know until Monday since I took a different route to work but we'll see. I suspect I 'have a little more range' now as a result.

2. I definitely need more time on this one - but I'd ask folks have received the update already to watch to see if they have that 'scary braking issue' (aka brake assist, etc.). This is the one where you apply light pressure at low speeds and it applies the brake hard. I don't think I've noticed it since yesterday and I usually have the issue daily. It almost feels like they applied a bit of the 'eco mode feel' to braking in these cases... I feel like I have to push a little harder than usually but it feels smoother. Again, I might just be dreaming but it's the one item I'm really keeping an eye on. (I'll probably be replying to my own post by tomorrow saying - 'nope, hard braking happened again')

-Mike

Back