Straight from 4 battery temperature bars to 6...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegGuheert

It seems we missed spring this year. Winter held on until into the beginning of April and then, *poof* summer was upon us!

At the end of last week I would see only 4 BT bars, but yesterday it was 80F outside and had 6 BT bars.

Hopefully we will return back to 5 BT bars for a while before settling into 6 for the summer.

Holy sheep dip batman! I thought it was crazy here. Still haven't seen 6 again, yet. I'm hoping to hold off on 6 until June. I really hope we don't have weeks of 7's again. But I'm real happy to be back in the 5's. GOM display range jumped from 68 miles to 88 miles @ 80% charge. I've gone from 4.3 or so back up to 5.3 miles/kWh.

No 6's here in Western NY, but the 5's are nice. My miles/kWh have gone from 3 to 4 almost overnight. Most of this is not because of using less climate control, from what I can tell, but simply the battery performs a heck of a lot better when it's warm.

Just popped to 6 during lunch today.. In L.A./OC I'm seeing 5 in the morning and 6 in late afternoon.. Trying my best to keep it under 25C (5 bars)...

It's been snowing all day here after rain and sleet yesterday (very welcome, we really need the water!). But the last couple of weeks I have been hitting five bars when driving at highway speeds or climbing hills and even had five in my garage a few days ago. Back to four bars for the next few days I think.

i saw 6 TBs twice the week before last but due to back to back QC's more than the weather. the first time I saw it was at 3 AM and it was 40 headed to the mid 30's so definitely not weather related!

RegGuheert said:
O.K. It's 87.3F on our thermometer right now! :shock:

I feel like I've died and gone to Phoenix! :D

:lol: funny. watching the weather last night tracking that storm headed your way. its like 85º on the East side. 35º on the West side so i think you need to enjoy it while you can!

DaveinOlyWA said:
:lol: funny. watching the weather last night tracking that storm headed your way. its like 85º on the East side. 35º on the West side so i think you need to enjoy it while you can!
Enjoy it? :?: I think we're about 13F warmer than Phoenix today. Reading 89F right now.

Forecasts show Phoenix taking their rightful position this weekend, but it doesn't appear that we will get too cold: highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s. :ugeek:

I hesitate to post this for the folks in the desert SW.:(
http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/Summer-Temperatures-Expected-to-be-33-Above-Average
Summer2013_temp.jpg

Back