Suddenly losing range

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say that it's worse than a guess; it's a WAG. It's complete fiction. May The Force Be With Them Who Believes It.
When there is no excess friction from the brakes, I find the gom is pretty accurate. As I have said in this post, most of my driving is on country roads and I consistently drive at around 40mph and rarely more than 50mph. I have eco turned on all the time and I don't thrash the car. Yesterday I did 4 trips totalling 55 miles and the gom dropped 54 miles. This is what I experienced ever since having the car (apart from when I had the problem with something binding). Where I guess it wouldn't be accurate is if you did a 50 mile journey one day at around 40mph and then expected the gom to be accurate the next day when you drove to 80mph with eco off.

When there is no excess friction from the brakes, I find the gom is pretty accurate. As I have said in this post, most of my driving is on country roads and I consistently drive at around 40mph and rarely more than 50mph. I have eco turned on all the time and I don't thrash the car. Yesterday I did 4 trips totalling 55 miles and the gom dropped 54 miles. This is what I experienced ever since having the car (apart from when I had the problem with something binding). Where I guess it wouldn't be accurate is if you did a 50 mile journey one day at around 40mph and then expected the gom to be accurate the next day when you drove to 80mph with eco off.
I have had my LEAF for over 13 years. I religiously keep record of every bit of info every I charge: date & time, temperature, indicated energy economy, tripmeter and odometer, average speed, miles and bars remaining. I used to keep track of the GOM number as well but I gave up after a couple of years because I found it as useless as tits on a boar hog, as they say here in Tay-siz 🙃 . I have never seen the GOM number read anywhere near what I actually get. The vast majority of my driving is the same: commute and errands, all around town.

So, my position is still that the GOM number is useless. But, nobody should take anybody else's word on anything, so I encourage everybody to keep careful record for about a hundred charge events and see what they get.

So, my position is still that the GOM number is useless.
I should add that the GOM number is not always useless. In my experience, in my 2011 SV, it's useless at 80%-100% SOC. The nearer the battery gets to empty the more accurate the GOM number becomes. At two SOC bars or fewer the GOM number is very reliable.

Back