Suspension

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aneesh84

I recently bought a high milage Nissan Leaf ZE1 from 2018. Its now done 221000 kms. It rides very well and comfortable over big bumps. However I find the ride to be a little fiddly when going over slightly undulating roads. Almost a bit jelly like, very mild constant springy oscillations (side to side) if you are sensitive.

I tried pushing the corners and feel very mild oscillations continuing for a few seconds, almost as if its a bit underdamped.

Does it mean it needs new shock absorbers, or the Leaf ZE1 has always been a bit underdamped?

The shock absorbers are not leaking any oil.

Try changing the tires first, for stiffer ones, or just inflate them to the sidewall max and check again. They are usually the source of such jiggling.

LeftieBiker said:
Try changing the tires first, for stiffer ones, or just inflate them to the sidewall max and check again. They are usually the source of such jiggling.

Thank you so much. Sidewall max is 50 PSI. I tried 46.5 Psi in front and 44 psi in rear when tyre was cold. Made a massive reduction in the jiggliness! I have 17 inch tyres which already have lesser sidewall so was surprised that a higher pressure can benefit the ride!

Back