Sustainability Event Irvine University Park July 29 10a-2p

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

I was alerted to this event by Linda Nicholes of Plug In America, and Ryan Grady, whose company Charge Harbor worked on the Laguna charging station installation many MNL'ers attended last month.

LPA, Inc. is an architectural firm in Irvine and a leader in sustainable building design.

They're having a sustainability showcase event next week, July 29th, from 10AM to 2PM. Address is 5161 California Ave, Irvine, CA 92617.

They're showing off a lot of cool technology, and they say people can "take a ride in the latest electric and fuel cell vehicles."

The bummer is.. no charging station here. Yet.. Charge Harbor is working on getting them to install one. That's Reason #1 to show up and demonstrate that these cars are here, and not some future technology.

Reason #2 is that Irvine, and UCI specifically, are gaga over fuel cell vehicles. The mayor has promoted them. UCI has the Advanced Power and Energy Program (APEP) which hosts the National Fuel Cell Research Center. Showing up en masse may convince some key people to shift some resources to electrics. A lofty goal, right?

I don't think I'll be able to attend this even either, even though I'll be working a couple blocks away. I'd love to see the turnout, and the gadgets on display. But maybe I can break away for a while. Some of you may have met Linda (and her Roadster) at the Laguna event. She'll be at this one too.

Leave a reply here if you plan to attend. RSVP at LPA's event page. And post your awesome photos and reports after the event.

Enjoy. :D

richard said:
I don't think I'll be able to attend this even either, even though I'll be working a couple blocks away. I'd love to see the turnout, and the gadgets on display. But maybe I can break away for a while. Some of you may have met Linda (and her Roadster) at the Laguna event. She'll be at this one too.

Leave a reply here if you plan to attend. RSVP at LPA's event page. And post your awesome photos and reports after the event.

Enjoy. :D

Do they need a display LEAF? I'm available on that Friday.

mwalsh said:
Do they need a display LEAF? I'm available on that Friday.

From Ryan:
"A display LEAF for the event would be great! I do not have a LEAF so Mike's would be very much appreciated. Ryan"

I'll PM you his contact info.

Back