Take over my lease or BUY ... Fully loaded SL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njjdental

I have a 2013 SL with every option fully loaded leather, heated seats, heated steering wheel, upgraded wheels nav etc... with only 3000 miles on it currently.

Here is the deal:

I put down $5000 to get the payment this low:
20 months left on the lease
$265 / Month

or purchase it now at $26,000 no sales tax... that's $14000 less than the MSRP

The color is jet black with black leather. located in NJ 07624

How does no sales tax work? Any time a title changes hands, the state is going to charge their sales tax to register the new owner.

RePo said:
How does no sales tax work? Any time a title changes hands, the state is going to charge their sales tax to register the new owner.
Varies from state to state. Leased cars in Texas do not have tax charged if they choose to buy the car at end of lease.

adric22 said:
RePo said:
Varies from state to state. Leased cars in Texas do not have tax charged if they choose to buy the car at end of lease.
Are you positive on this? I thought the 2nd sales tax in Texas depending on whether the buy out price was higher than actual value of the car. But I can't remember which way triggers the second round of taxes.

njjdental said:
I have a 2013 SL with every option fully loaded leather, heated seats, heated steering wheel, upgraded wheels nav etc... with only 3000 miles on it currently.

Here is the deal:

$265 / Month

The interesting thing above would be the lease buy out -- sounds they may have had it for about 4 months; but agree on sales tax; here in IL with leased cars you do pay it TWICE (similar to TX) --- once for the entire (not just lease payments) car at the beginning of the lease and then again if you decide to buy it at lease end at whatever the residual amount is. At 8.25% sales tax here that's $2,145 extra on the $26K so the OP needs to mention check your local sales tax rules. Sounds like they may about $6,060 (rounding) with the 4 payments + money down.

njjdental said:

Here is the deal:

$265 / Month

If taking over the lease only involves picking up the $265/month I would be very interested, but I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA. You could ask the dealer about leasing the car out of state and see if thats possible. I could cover the cost to ship it here.

Does your Leaf have the Bose speakers and around-view monitor? You said every option but then listed everything that is standard on an SL, the only option to add on an SL model is the upgraded speakers and around-view.

Back