Test post for error checking

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wxxyz

I’d also like to express my condolences at the battery condition of your vehicle. I have a 2012SL that also gets between 35-45 miles, but I’m also showing 10 capacity bars. It may be as wrong as yours is. Either way, as you say, it’s easy to love the vehicle except for the range.

As to the new Nissan battery, no, I don’t think it is worth the investment. For that same amount of money, you could get a newer model LEAF with better battery chemistry. I know of no one personally nor have I heard of anyone paying for a new $8500 battery...would like to if there is such a person.

One alternative is Fenix Power’s (https://Fenix.systems) proposed battery replacement, expected to cost about ’s of Nissan pricing if and when it appears. I’m one who has placed a deposit, betting on their success. Of course, no one knows when this will actually be available, but the concept is interesting. I could see going just over $5k to extend the life of my otherwise-in-perfect-shape 2012SL, but for almost twice that it isn’t worth it.=

Back