This Button/Display (Regarding VSP)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

I noticed this control on my 2016 S LEAF:

OysSTyW.jpg

It suggests that I have some control over the Vehicle Sound for Pedestrians, but I don't (pushing it does nothing). Also, it doesn't seem to light up when the sound is on.

So, does that thing have any function?

Actually it's a poorly worded statement of importance. It means:

"Your Nissan Leaf computer has determined that there is a human being sitting in the passenger seat which would normally result in the airbag being activate, in which case we'd tell you nothing (with airbag active) just as we tell you nothing when the seat is vacant (with airbag inactive). We trust you to distinguish between these two cases when the light is not illuminated. However, the weight of this passenger is insufficient for a safe explosion of the airbag so it has been disabled (airbag inactive with light illuminated). Thought you'd like to know. You have no options."

PianoAl said:
I noticed this control on my 2016 S LEAF:

OysSTyW.jpg

It suggests that I have some control over the Vehicle Sound for Pedestrians, but I don't (pushing it does nothing). Also, it doesn't seem to light up when the sound is on.

So, does that thing have any function?
I never even noticed that until now.

For the US market, only the '11 Leaf had a button to disable (I believe it was for the current powered up session) for the noisemaker. It was removed starting with the 2012 model year.

According to the 2016 service manual, that indicator still functions in the event of VSP diagnostics trouble. It is supposed to illuminate if, for example, the VSP speaker is disconnected or otherwise INOP.

Back