Thule rack for Leaf? Just like this one

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People have said their range goes down with racks or sounds different. How's your experience with these?

I have the current aero system for my 07 Prius. I reused the Thule lock cores from my older racks. I got the aero system rather than reusing my square bars. I haven't used the racks much so I can't comment on the hit to the Prius mpg, but the aero bars did seem a little quieter.

Yes it did get the locks. If you plan on getting other lockable Thule devices, get more than four. The lock cores can be used with some of the roof rack accessories... Bike Carriers, Cargo Boxes, etc.

JimSouCal said:
Okay, I am going to get the rack with the aeroblade. Did you get locks and keys? My buddy just had his rack get mobile--off of his Audi in Santa Monica. He didn't even get mad, but I am not so evolved.

Can you lock the Thule pylons to prevent "honest" folks from permanently borrowing?

4 locks and cores I'd guess...

mirko said:
Yes it did get the locks. If you plan on getting other lockable Thule devices, get more than four. The lock cores can be used with some of the roof rack accessories... Bike Carriers, Cargo Boxes, etc.

JimSouCal said:
Okay, I am going to get the rack with the aeroblade. Did you get locks and keys? My buddy just had his rack get mobile--off of his Audi in Santa Monica. He didn't even get mad, but I am not so evolved.

Can you lock the Thule pylons to prevent "honest" folks from permanently borrowing?

4 locks and cores I'd guess...

Thanks. I do already have a Thule Box and a Thule bike rack with matching keys. I think I need to read the number off of one of them to match the keying if I recall correctly? Will call Thule CS and make sure that is how it is done.

Thanks for the insight and guidance!

Back