Touch Screen/shift Issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeazz

Hello...new member here and new owner of a 2013 SL in Virginia. I found this forum during a web search, but didn't see a post for the issue I just had with my car. Driving down the road on a bluetooth phone call...I hung up and the touch screen locked up. I couldn't change screens or do anything with it. I was at a stop light, so I turned the car off. When it came back on, I couldn't get it into drive. It took 3 shutdowns to get it back to normal. Anyone have any idea what may have happened here, or anyone have a similar experience? I love car so far, however I must admit, I still haven't gotten over the range anxiety. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Stupid question, but you were stepping on the brake when turning the car on? Otherwise it would have gone into "on" mode, not drivable.

Had mine for 5000 mi. and range anxiety is still an issue. Especially on a dark rainy night! If you get in a situation where all your range bars are gone, and you're more than 5 miles from home, look for a place to plug in. Driving the car to "turtle" and having to get a tow is a bad way to determine absolute range! Range in turtle is only 1-2 miles. And power will be drastically limited (25 mph or so). Best not to go there.

voganni said:
Range in turtle is only 1-2 miles.
Correction. Range in Turtle may be less than half a mile. If you see the turtle, find the first safe place to pull over. Don't try to keep driving.

I agree with voganni's thought on why you couldn't power up properly. If you are stuck at an intersection with cars honking behind you, things get a bit intense. You might not have had your foot firmly on the brake.

Ray

planet4ever said:
I agree with voganni's thought on why you couldn't power up properly. If you are stuck at an intersection with cars honking behind you, things get a bit intense. You might not have had your foot firmly on the brake.
Yep, been there, done that. :oops:

Thanks for the replies. I am absolutely certain I had my foot on the brake. After it wouldn't go into Drive the first time, I specifically made sure I was on the brake on the next couple of attempts. Thanks for the info on the battery...I will check that out. I haven't hit turtle mode yet, but I did have it down to 6% charge...that was a little nerve racking. That night it was raining...I was thinking about stopping at a friends house for some 110 volts charging. With winter coming, my range anxiety hasn't gone a way yet.

I have a 2013 SL also purchased in VA (that really seems like a coincidence!) that has the touch screen lock up after a bluetooth phone call. I did not notice any shift issue, but I did notice that the voice recognition didn't work after the call. The audio worked fine, but you couldn't see what you were doing on the screen. The screen reset itself after I shut down and restarted 10 minutes later. I can't be sure, but I also don't think that I could receive the call via the button on the wheel. I think that I had to answer on the phone itself and the voice automatically came over bluetooth. I have already made the appt to bring it back to the shop...unacceptable. I'll post whatever happens.

All this seems weird, I had a 2013 SV for 12,000 miles with no issues at all. So far, I've had nothing but issues with the SL. After having the car for 8 days, I have not had a single 24 hours without having to call for service yet.

Back