trip planning- will I make it 1300 feet up???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafenvy

Please help, I have a one-way 46 mile trip coming up and my wife (who I'll just say is definitively less of an ev nut than I am :) ) and young son will be in the car with luggage. Normally, 46 miles is no sweat of course but I have to make darn sure we make it. The first 40 miles is freeway with AC but in the last 6 miles we gain 1300 feet in elevation- that's the part that worries me. I have charging at the destination, I just have to make sure I can get there. I'm thinking I will probably arrive with 2 bars if I leave home with 12. Any other guesses? Do I have to worry? I'm looking for advice from those with experience on long grades like this, as I have very little. Thanks.

2011 silver LEAF SL etec, delivered 6/14/11.

leafenvy said:
Please help, I have a one-way 46 mile trip coming up and my wife (who I'll just say is definitively less of an ev nut than I am :) ) and young son will be in the car with luggage. Normally, 46 miles is no sweat of course but I have to make darn sure we make it. The first 40 miles is freeway with AC but in the last 6 miles we gain 1300 feet in elevation- that's the part that worries me. I have charging at the destination, I just have to make sure I can get there. I'm thinking I will probably arrive with 2 bars if I leave home with 12. Any other guesses? Do I have to worry? I'm looking for advice from those with experience on long grades like this, as I have very little. Thanks.

2011 silver LEAF SL etec, delivered 6/14/11.

I've done Fresno to Oakhurst, CA several times. That's a 53 mile drive up 2,600 feet. I drive most of it at 50-55 mph and have always had at least 3 battery bars left when I get there. You should have no problem.

Back