Turn off when plugged in

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limey

Mildly annoying setup on the car. If I have it plugged in, and then turn it on, if I just want to shut down, I have to un plug the car, turn it on full power, then shut it off.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to turn it on and off without unplugging?

Edit: its a 2013 S

I know that if it's plugged in and charging, hold down the brake while pressing the start button brings it up and able to run the climate control. I use this once in awhile to warm up the garage if I'm doing some work out there. IIRC, shutting down from that state is just pressing the Start button (no brake).

Nubo said:
I know that if it's plugged in and charging, hold down the brake while pressing the start button brings it up and able to run the climate control. I use this once in awhile to warm up the garage if I'm doing some work out there. IIRC, shutting down from that state is just pressing the Start button (no brake).

The heating issue I'm still working on (cause I'm 100% charged in the morning) but I found the thread to get the heat working without scheduling it.

It may be that I have my foot on the brake. I'm so use to doing that, its just second nature (even in park) I will give that a try tonight and see what happens.

I have a 2013 S and don't have to do that either. My guess is also that you haven't taken your foot off the brake pedal before turning off. I know that if you turned on the car while charging but then unplug you are not automatically in ready to drive mode (green car isn't showing). You have to push the brake and then power button to go into drive mode. I imagine you can't get into drive mode with the car plugged in, so if you put your foot on the brake and press power while still plugged in it probably tries to go to drive just like above, but notices you're plugged in and returns you to the basic on mode you were already in.

davewill said:
KillaWhat said:
mwalsh said:
Don't have to do that with my car. At all.
Me either
I have, many times. The car ends up in a mode where you can push the start button all you want, but the car won't won't power down unless you release the brake.

But that stands to reason. And the OP didn't say he was doing that in his first post.

Here is what the power button does when you are not plugged in. "Double" means two quick presses:
Code:
    Action    |   Old State / New State
Power | Brake |  OFF    ACC    ON     READY
------|-------|----------------------------
single   off  |  ACC    ON     OFF    OFF
double   off  |  ON     OFF    ACC    ACC
single   on   |  READY  READY  READY  OFF
double   on   |  ON     ON     READY  ON
As you can see, you can't turn the car off with the brake depressed unless you are in READY mode. I believe the same rules apply when you are plugged in, except that any attempt to get into READY mode leaves you in ON mode.

READY = Dash and console lit up; green car with double arrow displayed.
ON = Dash and console lit up; no green car with double arrow.
ACC = Dash black, console lit up.

Ray

Nubo said:

That was definitely my problem. Having my foot on the brake was ingrained for so long, I never thought about trying it that way.

Thanks!

Back