Turn signal wiring

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babs3204

Hi all. I'm trying to install some LED running/turn signal lights on a 2020 that are white while driving and turn amber and move sequentially with the turn signal. I unfortunately don't know which wire is which for positive and accessory etc. It's not the standard red, white, but orange, pink and black and I can't find a diagram online. Does anyone know what each wire corresponds to?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Maybe this in #2 :
chrome_20240618080824.png

I'd test first, to ensure the computer doesn't throw an error with the additional components. You could conceivably wire in series or parallel, and one way may work better than the other.

Maybe this in #2 :
View attachment 4319

I'd test first, to ensure the computer doesn't throw an error with the additional components. You could conceivably wire in series or parallel, and one way may work better than t

Maybe this in #2 :
View attachment 4319

I'd test first, to ensure the computer doesn't throw an error with the additional components. You could conceivably wire in series or parallel, and one way may work better than the other.
Perhaps what's messing me up, aside from my general lack of engineering / electrical wiring knowledge is that my Leaf S has three wires leading to each turn signal lamp and I'm not even sure if my model has a daytime running lamp feature. I've only owned the car for 3 weeks now so the entire thing is new to me. I figured this would be a simple add-on like many things I've done in the past yet here I am.

Success! Even though the wire colors on my S were not green and tan but pink and orange. I just assumed I was doing something wrong because when I was using taps yesterday to connect the wires it must not have made good contact but when I went in with a more direct splice and solder route they worked just fine with the same connections. I'll post a couple of pictures later today when it's darker.

Here's the final result. I couldn't get a video yet of the startup sequence because it's just me.

Attachments

• 20240619_024048.jpg
    20240619_024048.jpg
    3.2 MB
  • 20240619_024053.mp4
    5.3 MB
  • 20240619_023700.jpg
    20240619_023700.jpg
    2.8 MB
  • 20240619_023636.jpg
    20240619_023636.jpg
    2.5 MB