Unofficial Nissan Leaf Order Numbers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timaz said:
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Enterprise-Neighborhood-Network-Lift-Veil-on-Electric-Vehicles-Introduces-One-Nations-1321732.htm

There goes another 500 vehicles to enterprise in December!

Read carefully.

Following the delivery of this first "demo" vehicle, Enterprise expects to receive 500 Nissan LEAFs, starting in December.

I do not think Enterprise will take 500 cars without doing some
substantial testing of their own, first one car, then perhaps 10.

Also, they probably have to adapt their rental and return
procedures to "filter" the customers that they rent a LEAF to,
to avoid people who might try and drive beyond the e-tank's range.

EVOM says there won't be any 'emails' going out this week either...next weeks is still up in the air. All due to "high" conversion-rate. Nissan wants to let those who haven't as yat ordered but can order, do so. Kind of let the process catch up and not over-saturate which leads to heavy stress to the handling of the process by Nissan. Trying to manage some balance of (Time to Order emails to RAQ to Order Accepted) ratio.

I'm going to make prediction that anyone that has placed a confirmed order already and is in CA will get their car by year end and that some that will confirm orders in Sept may as well.

deetime7767 said:
EVOM says there won't be any 'emails' going out this week either...next weeks is still up in the air. All due to "high" conversion-rate. Nissan wants to let those who haven't as yat ordered but can order, do so. Kind of let the process catch up and not over-saturate which leads to heavy stress to the handling of the process by Nissan. Trying to manage some balance of (Time to Order emails to RAQ to Order Accepted) ratio.
My guess is that anybody who got the email a week ago and has not RAQ'd yet probably is not going to. So Nissan could let the rest of us order, or they can wait until hell freezes over because their bunnyflubbing response rate ain't gonna rise. And of course if they wait until the end of the month for the rest of us they'll either swamp the web site and the dealers, or they'll push lots of folks past the promised September ordering window. Maybe around July of 2020 they'll finally get tired of gathering dog poop off the streets to throw at passersby and open up the ordering again.

Maybe their big problem was the retarded idea to promise that delivery priority would go by reservation date and time, and now the morons don't know what to do about people who reserved but have neither ordered nor formally dropped off the list. As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to drop off the list. So the system doesn't know what to do about people who have changed their minds and it's ground to a halt. Nissan deserves for the Leaf to be a colossal failure just because of the idiotic way they've managed the marketing. They design what is probably a great car, and it fails because they are too a$$li&&ing stupid to figure out how to sell the damn thing.

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts they contracted with Microsoft to design their web site.

daniel said:
I'll bet dollars to doughnuts they contracted with Microsoft to design their web site.

I wish they had (though I don't think Microsoft designs websites for others).

But these are the guys doing the Leaf website ...

http://criticalmass.com/

daniel said:
deetime7767 said:
My guess is that anybody who got the email a week ago and has not RAQ'd yet probably is not going to. So Nissan could let the rest of us order, or they can wait until hell freezes over because their bunnyflubbing response rate ain't gonna rise. And of course if they wait until the end of the month for the rest of us they'll either swamp the web site and the dealers, or they'll push lots of folks past the promised September ordering window. Maybe around July of 2020 they'll finally get tired of gathering dog poop off the streets to throw at passersby and open up the ordering again.

Maybe their big problem was the retarded idea to promise that delivery priority would go by reservation date and time, and now the morons don't know what to do about people who reserved but have neither ordered nor formally dropped off the list. As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to drop off the list. So the system doesn't know what to do about people who have changed their minds and it's ground to a halt. Nissan deserves for the Leaf to be a colossal failure just because of the idiotic way they've managed the marketing. They design what is probably a great car, and it fails because they are too a$$li&&ing stupid to figure out how to sell the damn thing.

Before you use all your bunnies I suggest you wait until the end of the month. Most of the assumptions about the delays here are wrong and unless you need your car by Dec 31 because you have no 2011 income or not enough I don't see a difference between Dec 31 or Jan 10 delivery. If you have Sept order date I suggest waiting until Sept is over before being upset. There is nothing yet to prove they will not do what they said. I think many people here will be pleasantly surprised this year, more than expected.

Perhaps the real issue is "What is their Plan A?".

But, on 13 Sept, I was apparently one of the last to get my order in! :)

However, I agree, this "gap" in Ordering is unlikely to make any significant difference, as long as you take your heart (and other) medications regularly.

http://criticalmass.com/[/quote]

I find it really ironic that the company who developed the order site is named criticalmass. That's rich :lol:

If a person wants to cancel their reservation, they can do so by going to their dashboard, select "reserve your Nissan Leaf", then select "how to cancel your reservation".

Isn't it amazing the sense of entitlement people feel about being one of the first to get one of these new toys? Either you weren't fast enough to get an August order or you aren't "lucky" enough to live in California. There's no law that says this has to be a fair system to you.

WWBD said:
Isn't it amazing the sense of entitlement people feel about being one of the first to get one of these new toys? Either you weren't fast enough to get an August order or you aren't "lucky" enough to live in California. There's no law that says this has to be a fair system to you.

In the end, I wonder how many people will actually go through with the purchase. Yes - there are a good number of people on this forum who are 100% buyers. But for others - you are being asked to purchase a $27,000 or so car - if you qualify for a federal tax credit. Most have never driven it. If they have actually driven it, it was likely a very short test drive. Many have not even seen the car in person, or sat inside it. There is no real world performance information - unlike something like the PHEV Prius which is actually in the hands of testers for months with good information being disseminated by the testers, no one has actually used this thing for any more then a 10 minute drive. There is no warranty information, no real life battery information.

The Leaf marketing has been exceptional, but after looking at it - I have to think that Toyota has a better approach with the PHEV. They are getting a small number of cars into real peoples hands for a week or a month at a time and getting real world feedback. Nissan is protecting the car like it's a virgin headed to the senior prom. Ultimately - apart from the 100% buyer group - I think this will hurt things. I can't help but think that the conversion rate of reservations to orders to sales will be pushing against the single digits.

I'd like to see a poll here (apparently I can't post a poll) - for those that have ordered, what is the likelihood of purchase - 0% 10% 25% 50% 75% 90% 100% - with a discussion about what concerns need to be addressed for you to move higher up in the %'s. There are so many concerns - range, longevity, infrastructure, warranty, charging, etc.

Nissan has done a great marketing job.... but they need to get the car more exposure and real world testing

i think that will happen soon , when they get some real production cars here, or early one and let press and celebs drive them and post about them

they are going to have to let motortrend , car and driver have a car for a couple days

there is no choice in this, good or bad they must live with the results and opinions

From the early drives these 2 did I think Nissan has little to worry about

Even the horse power nuts like electric cars and root for them to succeed

kmp647 said:
Nissan has done a great marketing job.... but they need to get the car more exposure and real world testing

i think that will happen soon , when they get some real production cars here, or early one and let press and celebs drive them and post about them

they are going to have to let motortrend , car and driver have a car for a couple days

there is no choice in this, good or bad they must live with the results and opinions

From the early drives these 2 did I think Nissan has little to worry about

Even the horse power nuts like electric cars and root for them to succeed

There's a reason so many of the early would-be adopters are Prius drivers, and it's not that we are radical environmentalists. We know that electric motor power works. Don't you sometimes drive feathering the gas pedal to see if you can make it through some road section in EV mode? And don't you hate it when the ICE kicks in on a slight short uphill when you know it shouldn't because there's a long downhill next? And don't you wish you had an "EV mode" button like the Prius in Japan always did, and like I hear the 2010 models have?

From there it's a short step to wishing for a plug-in Prius. From there you realize you could do better with a Volt, using battery only for your normal driving and only occasionally using gasoline. Then after taking account of the times you'd need more than 40 miles range, you may realize that 100 miles range would take care of almost all of your driving. Then if you hear about charging stations being built, and believe it, it's easy to decide on Leaf.

I think that we are the ones who Nissan hopes will demonstrate to the unconvinced that EV is practical. By "we" I mean everyone who gets a car in 2010 and 2011 since they're only sending 25,000 of them before 2012. Strategically placed into target markets with adequate charging infrastructure they should provide 24,000 success stories which they hope will overshadow the 1,000 failures. And then they'll be ready to start selling them in volume, and to add new models.

Yup ,we will demonstrate no doubt the virtues and benefits of electric cars....

many test drives for people,

and when the masses start seeing Ev's on the road and they become common

all it will take is the inevitable spike in fuel prices in the US......... and Nissans phone will be ringing " trading in that SUV " again

kmp647 said:

That is where we early adopters come in. We are the "more exposure and real world testing". I don't know why more people on this forum don't realize that. We are the bleeding edge. When you are on the bleeding edge, you can't expect everything to go smoothly. :)

evnow said:
daniel said:
I wish they had (though I don't think Microsoft designs websites for others).

http://criticalmass.com/
They probably apprenticed at Microsoft.

EVDRIVER said:
... Before you use all your bunnies I suggest you wait until the end of the month. Most of the assumptions about the delays here are wrong and unless you need your car by Dec 31 because you have no 2011 income or not enough I don't see a difference between Dec 31 or Jan 10 delivery. If you have Sept order date I suggest waiting until Sept is over before being upset. There is nothing yet to prove they will not do what they said. I think many people here will be pleasantly surprised this year, more than expected.
See my response to WWBD below.

WWBD said:
There's no law that says a woman has to sleep with you. But if a woman teases you, and leads you on, and acts like she's going to sleep with you, but never does, eventually you become disillusioned and angry.

I'm not angry about maybe not getting a Leaf. I'm angry about the way Nissan has run this whole business, withholding information so we feel we need to sit by the computer constantly, giving actually FALSE information through their customer service line, having their own reps give actually FALSE information to dealers, having our "dashboards" give us conflicting and confusing information and then the customer service people don't know what any of it means. And I'm angry that Nissan has partnered with a crooked company for the installation of the charging docks, and only reluctantly and half-heartedly admitted that you don't actually need the dock if you are not going to push the limits of the car's range, and then failed to act when the crookedness of that company (AeroVironment) became obvious.

walterbays said:
... And don't you wish you had an "EV mode" button like the Prius in Japan always did, and like I hear the 2010 models have? ...
It's really fairly easy to install an EV switch in a 2004 - 2009 Prius.

Back