USB Charger Stopped Working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcirish

Did the normal thing and checked all the fuses, but all fuses were intact. Anyone ever have this happen before? Should i just bring it into the dealership?

Were you using it for playing music or just for charging? Did you try a different cable? If a new cable doesn't work, and/or that cable tests good on some other USB port, I'd say it's time for the dealer to look at it.

davewill said:
Were you using it for playing music or just for charging? Did you try a different cable? If a new cable doesn't work, and/or that cable tests good on some other USB port, I'd say it's time for the dealer to look at it.
Yes sir. Tried different cables and different devices. Everything worked great for the first 3-4 months then nothing. I will call the dealer tomorrow. Thanks!

I can charge my Leaf through the USB plug? Damn, Nissan thinks of everything!

When I read the subject of this thread that was my first thought, quickly followed by "I wonder how long it would take to charge off of USB?"

Now that I know I'm mistaken I'll end my thread detour.

Foible said:
I can charge my Leaf through the USB plug? Damn, Nissan thinks of everything!

When I read the subject of this thread that was my first thought, quickly followed by "I wonder how long it would take to charge off of USB?"

Now that I know I'm mistaken I'll end my thread detour.
You can, but it takes about 10 days to reach 80% ;)

DarkStar said:
Just to verify, your USB port isn't working at all? I would plug a USB stick in with some music on it just to make sure.
I was trying to charge my cell phone....maybe you can't??? I am getting a new "cigarette charger" tomorrow so I will try that. Maybe I was mistaken and the USB cannot be used to recharge devices.

mcirish said:
DarkStar said:
Just to verify, your USB port isn't working at all? I would plug a USB stick in with some music on it just to make sure.
I was trying to charge my cell phone....maybe you can't??? I am getting a new "cigarette charger" tomorrow so I will try that. Maybe I was mistaken and the USB cannot be used to recharge devices.

I'm not sure how much power the car's USB puts out but I'd be surprised if it wasn't standard 500mA. It charges my iPhone ok.

mcirish said:
DarkStar said:
I recharge my phone on the USB port without any issues at all.

Foible said:
Well, let's see. If we go with Nubo's 500mA figure, then you have (5 * .5) = 2.5 watts. Now, we are going to charge from Turtle to full (the journalists say that's how EV's work), which is about 21 kWh if the car's new. If we divide 21000 watt-hours by watts, we will get hours, 8400 hours in fact. And that gives us 350 days. If we allow for a little inefficiency in the 5 volt to 400 volt inverter :lol: (sorry, I couldn't hold it) we come up with just about a year to charge 'er up.

Perhaps in 2014, they'll adopt USB 3 with the charge port specs, putting us in the Amps range, and cutting that time to just a matter of months ;)

DarkStar said:
mcirish said:
DarkStar said:
I recharge my phone on the USB port without any issues at all.

What kind of phone? iPhone, Android, Windows, Blackberry?
My Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn't seem to take a charge from that port at all. It doesn't even recognize there is a cable plugged in. :x
I was counting on being able to simply plug my USB cable to it and use it as a phone charger, as I have the S model and was going to continue using WAZE as my mapping/GPS software on my phone, but having to use the cig adapter to do so... :x

Back