Using clone ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapter with Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so it seems to look much better. The Cyan over the black is expected as for this test I am filling the characer box the red triangle is in with cyan so I can see it. Normally the character background is clear.

Here you go (Galaxy S3):

Turbo3 said:
Still looking for someone with a Galaxy S3 or other phone which shows the lower red triangle on screen 4 very far away from the battery graphic to retest with 0.026k.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-03-14-19-25.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-03-14-19-25.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 204
Question about Bat stt Ah=67,57 (101.98%)....

Setting like this:

Shouldn't that become Bat stt Ah=67,57 (100%) ?

Car is 1.5 years old and 26500 km

Regards Ottar

Ottar said:
Question about Bat stt Ah=67,57 (101.98%)....

Setting like this:

Shouldn't that become Bat stt Ah=67,57 (100%) ?

Car is 1.5 years old and 26500 km

Regards Ottar
I can't answer were the 101.98 came from, but I would like to request/suggest we change the reference to 65.6Ah=100% to avoid confusion. 65.6 is what the 2013's (and 2011/2012 after s/w update) call 100% SOH and it would be nice to avoid having to clarify which scale we mean when we quote a SOH/%cap value. Since we can't change the one built into the car, I propose we change the ones in all the canbus devices. 67.56Ah, then, would become 103%.

Tire pressure...
I wonder how many of you guys have messed up positioning of the sensors after tire rotations...
Seems like noone cares to adjust sensors as it is pretty tedious...
So, I wonder if it would make sense to include a setting in the app to "adjust" TP sensors to show in correct positions, it should be much easier to adjust in the app then in the car... Something like we have for shunt order, but call it tire or TPMS order or something like it.

Turbo3 said:
... For example if Screen 4 is selected can the app skip getting the Cell Pair and shunt data?
Absolutely on the cell pair data. Unless I'm looking at it, I see no reason to update it. It's bulky and tedious unless you're analyzing the battery in detail.

davewill said:
Turbo3 said:
... For example if Screen 4 is selected can the app skip getting the Cell Pair and shunt data?
Absolutely on the cell pair data. Unless I'm looking at it, I see no reason to update it. It's bulky and tedious unless you're analyzing the battery in detail.
On the version I am currently testing Cell Pair and Shunt data are skipped unless you are on screens 1 or 2 or have logging enabled.

UkrainianKozak said:
Tire pressure...
I wonder how many of you guys have messed up positioning of the sensors after tire rotations...
So, I wonder if it would make sense to include a setting in the app to "adjust" TP sensors to show in correct positions, it should be much easier to adjust in the app then in the car... Something like we have for shunt order, but call it tire or TPMS order or something like it.

For someone like me, inept in the world of auto mechanics, I would REALLY appreciate being able to know which pressure is for which tire. Right now, I've got a tire that has 5 pounds more air than the others (according to the sensors), and I would like to let a bit of air out of that tire, but those tire pressure gauges are so inaccurate (they give different readings every time you use them), so I just haven't taken the time to try and figure out which tire has more air.

If there was any way to make the 4 readouts on the app always represent the tires in the exact same configuration as the car, it would be incredibly helpful. So for example:

Code:
Left Front                   Right Front

PSI

Left Rear                    Right Rear

Is there any way to accomplish that automatically?

davewill said:
Turbo3 said:

The only reason I use that screen is to manually log my amp hours, capacity and health, once per trip.

vrwl said:
UkrainianKozak said:
Tire pressure...

For someone like me, inept in the world of auto mechanics, I would REALLY appreciate being able to know which pressure is for which tire. Right now, I've got a tire that has 5 pounds more air than the others (according to the sensors), and I would like to let a bit of air out of that tire, but those tire pressure gauges are so inaccurate (they give different readings every time you use them), so I just haven't taken the time to try and figure out which tire has more air.

If there was any way to make the 4 readouts on the app always represent the tires in the exact same configuration as the car, it would be incredibly helpful. So for example:

Code:

PSI

No

vrwl said:
UkrainianKozak said:
Tire pressure...

Code:

PSI

The only way is to measure the pressures manually. I've had good luck with this digital tire pressure gauge.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...IN=B00080QHMM&linkCode=as2&tag=jpwhstebl08-20

It will surely find the over inflated tire. Or the three under inflated tires, whichever way you look at it.

I aim for 40 PSI cold, which equates to 42 or43 once you've been driving a while.

Version 0.26m (-FS) is up for testing.

Features
* New DTE calculations with battery temp and ambient temp compensation
* Warning if system font size is set to larger than "normal"
* Faster cycle time if logging disabled
* Percent capacity adjusts immediately when "#AHr=100%" is changed
* Night mode automatically set when headlights are on.
* Ambient temperture displayed
* Better placement of lower red pointer on battery graphic. On some devices it was too low.

You can default back to the original DTE calculation by unchecking the "Alt DTE calc" check box in Settings/DTE.

The "Hide Progress Bar" check box has been changed to Hide Connect Status. If you uncheck it you will be able to see each step in the connected loop displayed in the status window.

The new DTE calculations are based on Tony Williams' formula. The battery graphic DTE color bar is based on total available energy so does not change when you select LBW, VLBW or rsrv settings. But it does include temperature adjusted energy based on Tony's formula.

Since screen 3 is going away I have not checked to see if it matches screen 4 data.

JPWhite said:
vrwl said:
UkrainianKozak said:
Tire pressure...

Code:

PSI

The only way is to measure the pressures manually. I've had good luck with this digital tire pressure gauge.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B00080QHMM&linkCode=as2&tag=jpwhstebl-20

It will surely find the over inflated tire. Or the three under inflated tires, whichever way you look at it.

I aim for 40 PSI cold, which equates to 42 or43 once you've been driving a while.

Thanks JPWhite, I'll check that out. :) But my request for all the inept automotive masses still stands. :)

Did not play with latest version yet, but yesterday noticed that DTE bar is not updating for some reason on k version:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-09-08-19-07.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-09-08-19-07.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 44
UkrainianKozak said:
Did not play with latest version yet, but yesterday noticed that DTE bar is not updating for some reason on k version:
"k" version was only for testing the lower red marker position.

Do not report any other problems with "k" as it is only half baked.

Only report problems with "m" or "c".

garsh said:
vrwl said:
Someone described a way to do so without any special tools.
If I find time this weekend, I'm going to give it a try.
If people are interested I could add the "offical" way into the app. Same as the link but you would not need to touch the wiring. The app would put the TPMS in the correct modes. You just need to set the different tire pressures and drive the car.

vrwl said:
UkrainianKozak said:
Tire pressure...

Code:

PSI

Vicki, the ONLY tire pressure gauge that I've found extremely accurate (and I've tried many incl. digital) is the same one professionals use, a Milton pen gauge.

Turbo3 said:
garsh said:
vrwl said:
Someone described a way to do so without any special tools.
If I find time this weekend, I'm going to give it a try.
If people are interested I could add the "offical" way into the app. Same as the link but you would not need to touch the wiring. The app would put the TPMS in the correct modes. You just need to set the different tire pressures and drive the car.

That sounds awesome!

Back