Using clone ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapter with Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
With 2011 LEAF and 26n5 DTCs are:

B2820 0028 CHARGER...
P100B 5703 EV/HEV
P31C2 C0D0 EV...
P2100 C031 EV...
B38C0 0000 EV...

WITH 26n6 and 26n7 only the B2820 line shows,
none of the EV/HEV entries show.

So, it appears that the "alternate" method of reading
from the EV/HEV does not work?

Cherrs, Gary
Unfortunately "n7" works great on a 2013 correctly reading out the EV/HEV DTCs. With "n5" I get data back from 2011/2012 but it does not make any sense as DTCs.

The P100B, P31C2,P2100 and B38C0 are not DTCs just the raw frames bytes 0,1 and 4,5 forced to look like a DTC so they get displayed. When I convert the raw data into DTCs I get U02C0 and U0031 which don't appear to be valid DTCs.

Any chance this person could go to Nissan and have them read out the DTCs but not clear them? If I knew what they really were I might be able to determine how to decode them. Have them ask for a customer print out of the DTC codes.

Turbo3 said:
paulhome said:
With v26n6 I get the following

C1A62 0108 BRAKE
C1A6E 0108 BRAKE
C1A70 0108 BRAKE
C118C 0108 ABS
B2196 0008 BCM Dongle NG SEC-48
B2612 0008 BCM
B26EF 0008 BCM
B26F2 0008 BCM IGN Relay On Stuck PCS-54
B29C1 2368 CHARGER EVSE VC-88
B2820 0028 CHARGER Quick Charger VC-65

Is there a list of codes somewhere so I can look these up?
I am wondering if the Japanese made car for the UK market might have the TPMS electronics installed but no TPMS sensors on the wheels..
Does this Leaf have the Electronic Parking Brake (lever on center console) or the mechnical Parking Brake down by your feet? What are the first 10 characters of your VIN or post a screenshot of screen 1 (Cell Voltages) which displayes the VIN.

The first ten characters are:
JN1FAAZE0U
It has the electronic brake
There are no warning lights indicated

paulhome said:
Turbo3 said:
paulhome said:
With v26n6 I get the following

C1A62 0108 BRAKE
C1A6E 0108 BRAKE
C1A70 0108 BRAKE
C118C 0108 ABS
B2196 0008 BCM Dongle NG SEC-48
B2612 0008 BCM
B26EF 0008 BCM
B26F2 0008 BCM IGN Relay On Stuck PCS-54
B29C1 2368 CHARGER EVSE VC-88
B2820 0028 CHARGER Quick Charger VC-65

Is there a list of codes somewhere so I can look these up?
I am wondering if the Japanese made car for the UK market might have the TPMS electronics installed but no TPMS sensors on the wheels..
Does this Leaf have the Electronic Parking Brake (lever on center console) or the mechnical Parking Brake down by your feet? What are the first 10 characters of your VIN or post a screenshot of screen 1 (Cell Voltages) which displayes the VIN.

The first ten characters are:
JN1FAAZE0U
It has the electronic brake
There are no warning lights indicated
Your VIN must have more characters than I expected. Can you list all but the last 6 digits.

Turbo3 said:
No JN1 would be Japan. But the FAA and ZE0U0 have me puzzled.

Its definitely Japan made, generation 1 car. I just checked the VIN on the car and its correct. The car was registered about 4 months ago.

paulhome said:
Turbo3 said:

Its definitely Japan made, generation 1 car. I just checked the VIN on the car and its correct. The car was registered about 4 months ago.
Yes, but what is the VIN. The app needs to know which model year Leaf it is and it uses the VIN for that. I need to check that your VIN has the same format the app is expecting so I need everything but the last 6 characters of it. What are they?

Turbo3 said:
vegastar said:
I also have a problem with a new mini elm327 that gets stucked in Retry Leaf 14.

For the ELM327 problem I would need an ELM Trace to see what is going on. Enable Trace ELM, exit app then restart app. After about 10 seconds of the hang in state 14 exit app and send me the TRCdata.txt file.

I did the procedure and the app said tracing ELM at the bottom, but after exiting the app in LEAF_BT_CAN I can only see the file BatLog.txt.

Turbo3 said:
paulhome said:
Turbo3 said:

Yes, but what is the VIN. The app needs to know which model year Leaf it is and it uses the VIN for that. I need to check that your VIN has the same format the app is expecting so I need everything but the last 6 characters of it. What are they?

I posted that above. I dont mind PMing you the entire VIN if that helps?

Turbo3 said:
garygid said:

B2820 0028 CHARGER...
P100B 5703 EV/HEV
P31C2 C0D0 EV...
P2100 C031 EV...
B38C0 0000 EV...

Cherrs, Gary
Unfortunately "n7" works great on a 2013 correctly reading out the EV/HEV DTCs. With "n5" I get data back from 2011/2012 but it does not make any sense as DTCs.

The P100B, P31C2,P2100 and B38C0 are not DTCs just the raw frames bytes 0,1 and 4,5 forced to look like a DTC so they get displayed. When I convert the raw data into DTCs I get U02C0 and U0031 which don't appear to be valid DTCs.

Any chance this person could go to Nissan and have them read out the DTCs but not clear them? If I knew what they really were I might be able to determine how to decode them. Have them ask for a customer print out of the DTC codes.
We will see what we can do, but probably not today.

Do you just get no-Response with 26n7 from EV/HEV on a car with No DTCs?
Or, is there some response, that you interpret as no-codes?

The DTCs are listed in a number of the 50-odd files that make
up the early 2011 Service Manual. I will try and compile a list
of which files have what range of DTCs.

I will start a new topic.

palmermd said:
paulhome said:
Turbo3 said:

ok, japan made but what destination market.

http://www.researchmaniacs.com/VIN/VIN-Decoder.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://nissanhelp.com/diy/common/nissan_vin.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The first three letters and numbers of the VIN are the World Manufacturer Identifier.

JN1FAAZE0U0XXXXXX

JN = Japan
1 = Car
F = ?? model, engine type, etc, specific to manufacturer, positions 3-7
A = ??
A = ??
Z = ??
E = Driver and front passenger SRS air bags, SRS side air bags, SRS curtain air bag & 3 point manual seat belt
0 = VIN check digit (heck, didn't know this one!)
U = ?? the model year... there is no U !!! If the 7th VIN position is a letter, then your vehicle is made in 2010 through 2039 (in this case, a Z)
0 = Manufacture plant ?? doesn't exist again!!!

C Smyrna, Tennessee, USA
L Aguas Calientes, Mexico
M Tochigi, Japan
N Canton, Mississippi, USA
T Tochigi, Japan
T Oppama, Japan
W Kyushyu, Japan

XXXXXX = serial number

paulhome said:
paulhome said:
Turbo3 said:

I posted that above. I dont mind PMing you the entire VIN if that helps?
Yes PM me your VIN. It would also be helpful if you took an ELM trace and sent it to me using the email address listed in About in the app.

garygid said:
Turbo3 said:
garygid said:

B2820 0028 CHARGER...
P100B 5703 EV/HEV
P31C2 C0D0 EV...
P2100 C031 EV...
B38C0 0000 EV...

Cherrs, Gary

We will see what we can do, but probably not today.

Do you just get no-Response with 26n7 from EV/HEV on a car with No DTCs?
Or, is there some response, that you interpret as no-codes?
The Leaf responds and says it has no data. If it did not respond the app would just keep retrying the request over and over again.

TonyWilliams said:
paulhome said:
Turbo3 said:

The first three letters and numbers of the VIN are the World Manufacturer Identifier.

JN1FAAZE0U0XXXXXX

JN = Japan
1 = Car
F = ?? model, engine type, etc, specific to manufacturer, positions 3-7
A = ??
A = ??
Z = ??
E = Driver and front passenger SRS air bags, SRS side air bags, SRS curtain air bag & 3 point manual seat belt
0 = VIN check digit (heck, didn't know this one!)
U = ?? the model year... there is no U !!! If the 7th VIN position is a letter, then your vehicle is made in 2010 through 2039 (in this case, a Z)
0 = ?? doesn't exist again!!!
Tony, Please make a separate topic if you wish to discuss VINs. As you correctly noted the UK format does not seem to match what we use in the US. So no reason to post the entire US format here.

vegastar said:
Turbo3 said:
vegastar said:
I also have a problem with a new mini elm327 that gets stucked in Retry Leaf 14.

For the ELM327 problem I would need an ELM Trace to see what is going on. Enable Trace ELM, exit app then restart app. After about 10 seconds of the hang in state 14 exit app and send me the TRCdata.txt file.

I did the procedure and the app said tracing ELM at the bottom, but after exiting the app in LEAF_BT_CAN I can only see the file BatLog.txt.
Look again in the LEAF_BT_CAN folder. It can take a little while before Android updates the directory with the new file name.

Back