Using clone ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapter with Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jstack6 said:
so this is the link to download it?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mnloen28ju9rg7d/CygdhjVnD_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

J, that's not the latest version. T3 is working on an update for the 2013s.

Turbo3 said:
I will be working on the new "Service" panel layout today. It will be a fifth screen that you can enable or disable from the setting screen. Initially it will be disabled so the app has the same four screens as today. It will have the following functions.

* Auto Door Lock/Unlock programming
* Tire Registration
* Diagnostic Trouble Code Reading/Clearing

Perhaps this screen should be a dialog like Settings, accessed from the menu. That way a simple swipe can't accidentally trigger it. As far as the disclaimer, I'd say something like*, "These functions change settings on the car that are normally only accessed by service personnel. I understand that the publisher of "LEAF Battery" is not responsible for damage that might occur from their use."

* I am not a lawyer and this suggestion should not be construed as legal advice. Liability incurred by taking said advice is not the fault of this poster. ;)

LEAFfan said:
Turbo3 said:
2013 Leafs have a different message format for the ambient temp. The next version of the app will correctly handle it.

So does the dimming feature. Will it also fix the tire pressures and App dimming w. headlights? I went back to v.h so tire pressures work.
Just fixed tire pressure so it should work with new version. It was actually the RPM message that changed and the app needs the tires to be moving to allow reading tire pressure.

Don't see a problem with headlights message for 2013 as it seems the same as 2010/11 but I don't have an ELM trace with it in both the on and off positions. Can you take a short trace with the headlights off then turn them on?

Version 0.26m3 (-FS) is up for testing on 2013 Leafs.

Fixes
* Ambient temp on 2013
* Tire Pressure on 2013
* Fixes battery temp on screen 3

For 2013 owners please check if the auto dim with headlights on works or not. If not then send me an ELM Trace with lights off then on.

Turbo3 said:

Fixes
* Ambient temp on 2013
* Tire Pressure on 2013

For 2013 owners please check if the auto dim with headlights on works or not. If not then send me an ELM Trace with lights off then on.
I will try it on my way home in about an hour.

Also the QC and L1/L2 counters both show zero. (The QC number happens to be correct, but I'm sure I've AC charged more than zero times. It may be another 2013 difference?)

Staque said:
Turbo3 said:

Fixes
* Ambient temp on 2013
* Tire Pressure on 2013

I will try it on my way home in about an hour.

Also the QC and L1/L2 counters both show zero. (The QC number happens to be correct, but I'm sure I've AC charged more than zero times. It may be another 2013 difference?)
You are correct. They changed those two messages as well. "m4" will handle it.

Version 0.26m4 (-FS) is up for testing on 2013 Leafs.

Fix
* Should now report L1/L2 and QC counts

For 2013 Leaf owners please check during charging if the max AMPS available from EVSE and EVSE voltage are reported correctly. If not then I will need an ELM Trace to see how they have changed the messages.

Jim,

Sent a trace for my 2013 using 26m4. Seems like ambient temp isn't reading right, currently 71F on dash, but app is displaying 83. Also headlight autodim doesn't seem to be working. The elm trace I sent has headlights off for ~10s and then headlights on for ~10s.

Can't see amps/volts since I have a switched 12V modified elm.

Hope this helps.

I'm sitting here charging L2 in my 13 sv. i grabbed m4. no tire pressure reported. not sure where I should see amp/volt reported. i did an elm trace. i can apparently only screenshot it? if the ambient temp is the little temp. mine is way off. dash says 74. phone says 73. app says 84.

You have to drive it for a bit before you'll get tire pressure data...

sorphin said:
I'm sitting here charging L2 in my 13 sv. i grabbed m4. no tire pressure reported. not sure where I should see amp/volt reported. i did an elm trace. i can apparently only screenshot it? if the ambient temp is the little temp. mine is way off. dash says 74. phone says 73. app says 84.

bradbissell said:
Jim,

Sent a trace for my 2013 using 26m4. Seems like ambient temp isn't reading right, currently 71F on dash, but app is displaying 83. Also headlight autodim doesn't seem to be working. The elm trace I sent has headlights off for ~10s and then headlights on for ~10s.

Can't see amps/volts since I have a switched 12V modified elm.

Hope this helps.
"m5" will have the fix for the headlight autodim problem. They changed the headlight ON value for 2013. Temp is not the same sensor as dash. See if they match after the car has been sitting in the garage overnight. If they don't then they may be using a different offset. In that case I will need to know what the difference is in the morning when they should be the same.

I'll take another trace in the AM and send you the temp data/delta. As a reference the ambient temp never got above 75 today and the car was in the shade all afternoon prior to my trace. So I think the temp offset / cal curve is different for the 2013.

Version 0.26n is up for testing.

Purpose
* Test reading tire ID

I have added a temporary fifth screen to help debug the new Service features. I need to collect information about commands supported by the different model year Leafs and formats used.

Here is what the new screen should show if it is working correctly. This assumes your Leaf has the TPMS feature on all four tires and they have been register. A value of 0 would indicate a tire not being registered.

9kla.png

This screen does NOT support night mode or color selection. It is fixed.

Turbo3 said:
Version 0.26m5 (-FS) is up for testing on 2013 Leafs.

Fix
* AutoDim on Headlights On

There is also a report that AltGids does not work on 2013 giving wrong Gids and wrong DTE. Can someone confirm this.

altgids was more pessimistic on my dte, etc than normal gids

Updated 0.26n with Tire PSI values, progress bar and target tire pressures required to enable registration.

The progress bar will grow as the tires are set to the correct PSI. When the bar is full a future update will allow registration. For now only the bar grows.

Note that when you adjust the tire pressures they may not match the top down left to right order. This just means your tires need to be registered.

54g.png

Jim,

Sent a trace and screen image for original 26n (didn't see update prior to leaving this morning). Autodim is now working. Ambient temp is 10F high on the app compared to dash for all sections of my commute. Good news is that as the dash increased, so did the app, only off by 10F. Also, 2013 did have ID readings for all four tires on screen 5.

Back