Vanity License Plates ideas???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more I thought of.

GAS NOT

for rock-n-rollers
RNGONMT (running on empty)

for Sci-Fi fans
SLNTRNG (silent running)

and if you can have 8
LKMANOGS (Look Ma No Gas)

Jimmydreams said:
I just locked in

ZROGASS

Not my first choice, but it'll do. :cool:

FYI, I reserved this plate on September 22, and just got my first "your plate is available" notice on December 2nd. In about 30 days, I'll get another notice saying "HEY! Come get your plate!" and about 30 days after that I'll get another notice that says "If you don't claim your plate by XXXX date, we will destroy/return it." At least that's how the California DMV works....those 30 day periods might be even LONGER due to the budget closures of the DMV. :shock:

Luckily, I'm pretty sure I'm in the December delivery pile, so my Leaf should be sporting the new plate before they get around to sending me the second notice.

Boomer23 said:
I ordered WATT UPP last night, after lots of deliberation and time spent on the DMV web site.

Here are some other ideas I had, all of which are probably still available in California. I didn't include LEAF in any of them because I want to be able to transfer the plates to future EVs.

PLUG ZEN
NEW FUEL (thanks mwalsh)
AAMPED or AAAMPED
NEXT PWR
RUNXSUN
PLUGGS N
PLUGGR N
E FUELED
SUN AMPS
LECTRCL
WHAT AGE
NO FOSSL or NO FOSIL
WE PLUGN or WEPLUG N
PLLUG IN
PLUGS EN
PLUGN IT
SOLR DRV
SUN DRIV
GAS ZERO
OIL ZERO
NO ENGIN
UNGASSD
O GASLIN
GAZ FREE
QUIT OIL
POLUTS 0
DUMP OIL
DUMP GAS
OHM MYMY
OHM GAWD
WATT UUP
KILR WAT
NXT FUEL
0 POLUTN

I also tried the "kids plates" that have symbols, using the star symbol to represent the sun. The @ sign in the following would be a star on the plate:

RUNS BY@
RUN BY@
@ POWRED

I ordered PLUGR N two months ago and just got a form letter saying it was denied because of sexual connotations. WTF?

Arrggg!! I just got the notice today that my ELTC4ME plate is in at the DMV and I only have 30 days to pick it up! Come on Nissan!

If my delivery does slip to Feb. I'll just have to pay another fee to hold the plate in inactive status.

Bill

Electric4Me said:
Arrggg!! I just got the notice today that my ELTC4ME plate is in at the DMV and I only have 30 days to pick it up! Come on Nissan!

If my delivery does slip to Feb. I'll just have to pay another fee to hold the plate in inactive status.

Bill
If this is your first notice, relax. You'll get one more (in about a month) that says the same thing. Then, you will get a FINAL NOTICE about a month after THAT that will be the one that you need to act on.

Read your notice closely...it says "within 30 days of the final notice". The final notice will say that very clearly on it.

I am considering to trade in our car for a Leaf, but it has a personal vanity plate. Does anyone know if I can transfer the plate at the dealership during the purchase?

IBELEAF said:
I am considering to trade in our car for a Leaf, but it has a personal vanity plate. Does anyone know if I can transfer the plate at the dealership during the purchase?

Probably. I was able to transfer the plate off a car I was keeping (so I'll have to sort a new plate for it later). It's not immediate, but the dealership DMV person can submit the form (Form #232) after you've filled out the license plate reassignment section.

evnow said:
Someone posted this on gm-volt.

Ok, so I'm down in Del Mar between meetings today ... going over these old posts. And I can't help but notice on the "gm-volt" site this is posted? Isn't that kind of odd? Doesn't the Volt burn plenty of gas? 37mpg? Lets say it holds 11 gallons of gas, and you burn 10 before you refuel with more gas . . . 10x37mpg = 370 miles . . . and if the 1st 40EV miles count too (40 being best case scenerio) that would be (370miles + 40miles) a total of 410 miles of range. 10÷ into 410 is 41.1mpg. Holy crap ... even the Gan 1 prius does better than 41mpg ... so ... how is 41mpg "ef-ing" OPEC in any way ... especially for $41,000 ... maybe i'm over thinking it.

Jimmydreams said:
AAA has plates on hand they can give you "on the spot" ? (Neat.)
AAA can do a LOT of what the DMV can, but not everything. I'm unsure exactly what they cannot do, but the wait time and 'niceness' of the people helping you more than pay for it's annual membership!! :cool:

Yep, agreed . . . AAA is great for vanity plates . . . yet there is a huge dichotomy regarding AAA if you think about it. AAA stays in business by encouraging the masses to be out driving around burning gas (for the most part). I doubt we'll ever see a "conserve fossil fuel" campaign spring forth from AAA.
;)

Wasn't sure whether to start a new thread or if this is close enough:

I will have a license plate frame engraved with either "Solar Powered" or "Batteries Included". Which should I go with?

Back