Vehicle info not uploading to Carwings website - how to fix?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted member 770

For the past 3 months, my LEAF has not updated its Carwings information (driving history, energy usage history, rankings, etc.). The communication between my LEAF and the Carwings website seems to be working (ie. I'm getting updates to charging stations, RSS feeds, etc.), but no historical driving data is making it to the Carwings website.

I've opened up two different cases with customer support - one told me to reset my username and password within the LEAF - that worked for about a week, then stopped. I tried it again and it didn't work at all. The other claimed to have issued a couple of resets on the back end systems and told me to check again in a few days - that didn't work at all.

So I have a couple of questions for the wisdom of the crowd:

• Is this currently happening to others? In other words, is it a systemic issue within the Carwings system?
  • If you've experienced a similar issue, what did you need to do to get it fixed? In particular, is there some verbiage I can use to explain the situation to customer support so they'll know what buttons to press to fix the issue?

Thanks for any tips, tricks, etc. you can provide...

ahagge said:
For the past 3 months, my LEAF has not updated its Carwings information (driving history, energy usage history, rankings, etc.). The communication between my LEAF and the Carwings website seems to be working (ie. I'm getting updates to charging stations, RSS feeds, etc.), but no historical driving data is making it to the Carwings website.

I've opened up two different cases with customer support - one told me to reset my username and password within the LEAF - that worked for about a week, then stopped. I tried it again and it didn't work at all. The other claimed to have issued a couple of resets on the back end systems and told me to check again in a few days - that didn't work at all.

So I have a couple of questions for the wisdom of the crowd:

• Is this currently happening to others? In other words, is it a systemic issue within the Carwings system?
  • If you've experienced a similar issue, what did you need to do to get it fixed? In particular, is there some verbiage I can use to explain the situation to customer support so they'll know what buttons to press to fix the issue?

Thanks for any tips, tricks, etc. you can provide...

On my LEAF (which it appears is perhaps your model year of a 2012 as well?) I did have about 3 or 4 weeks where it wasn't updating but this was after I had parked it for a week while I was using another car for a trip. It eventually caught up on its own without changing the onboard CARWINGS password, etc. but it seemed like it took forever. Lately, it seems to go in cycles, were I don't see an update for several days and then all of a sudden it catches up --- no rhyme or reason to it. Going in today I did notice it was all blank initially, but then clicking on history it did refresh through last Thursday, 5/7 so perhaps you just think its not updating?

redLEAF said:
...Going in today I did notice it was all blank initially, but then clicking on history it did refresh through last Thursday, 5/7 so perhaps you just think its not updating?
Yes, I used to see something similar, where it wouldn't update for a few weeks, then suddenly would. I attributed it to the fact that my garage is in an area of very marginal cell service, and because the LEAF typically tries to update as soon as the vehicle is powered up, that perhaps it wasn't communicating properly.

But this is a different issue. I've done manual RSS and charging station updates in areas with good cell service many times, and those updates run fine. I'd think that any accumulated updates would run at the same time. And perhaps they do, but they're never making onto my Carwings page. And yes, I've clicked on the "Driving History" tab and moved forward from the late January last update, but nothing else appears.

I'm hoping that someone else on the forum might see this and go "yes, I've had this happen a few times and you have to call customer service and tell them 'bla bla bla' to get it resolved". But maybe I'm the only one suffering from this issue... :cry:

My car hasn't uploaded data since last year.

updated to add: I think Sept 2014 I had 1 week of data. before that, the last 'regular' update was in perhaps 2013 - but I can't verify that as my history in carwings doesn't seem to be there.

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue of not seeing my Driving History on the Carwings website. I'm bummed because it would be cool to be able to monitor if my driving style was improving over time.

I have the "Share Vehicle Info When Powered On" button selected ON....and I also have the "Share Vehicle Info" button selected ON

EDIT: I just checked the page again and now there are several days of data in there. In fact, the data starts on May 1, 2015 which was the day I drove the car home. The data only goes up through the 9th though (today is the 12th) so I guess that's the "lag" in uploading that other posters were referring to.

I'll give it a few days and update on this thread.

Back