"Visit Dealer" message on dash

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the sheet that Nissan service dept generated in hopes of discovering what threw the code relating to the yellow triangle/exclamation point:

Codes.jpg

Here's the deal. The manual says, "go see the dealer" if your yellow triangle displays. Period. Let's say you don't go in. You ignore the warning light. BOOM. Your Leaf dies. What happens if the dealer tells you, "sorry ... you have codes logged that you ignored ... your manual says to come in, and you didn't". Would that void your warranty? Why take a chance. Go in ... dealer shrugs sholders telling you, "I duno". If your Leaf dies after you take it in ... at least it's not going to be pinned on the owner. I suspect I'll get a 3rd yellow triangel in another couple months. Now I can safely ignore it.

what is interesting in all this and a bit of shock to me (although i STRONGLY suspect dealer ineptitude) is that Carwings would not log that kind of information and put it into a database.

i simply find it hard to believe that the car does not keep a history of codes and that a simple reset erases the code and it cant be retrieved??

i am with you Gary; none of this sounds right to me

Looks like my YellowCar/Triangle lights are working over time. This was what I saw today as I got off work around 1:30PM:

YellowTriangle.jpg

Pretty depressing. After dropping off the rider at the car pool point, I decided this time I'd head to Connel Nissan. The hope was that they'd check codes with the lights on. They were too busy, and wanted me to make an appointment for another day. Been there - done that.
:cry:

hill said:
That's a good I idea Dave. We'll see how that goes.

u might be spinning wheels, but i think at this point, back up documentation from multiple sources is now required. get paperwork from each dealer you visit, record times, names and dates of people you call and get them to provide you a reference # if available

WE must Remember the car is a New Beast.. and the Techs are not trained to understand it yet.. I have a 2004 Mazda Rx8 and still my Dealer to this day does not have a Rotary certified tech at the Mazda Dealer.. Nissan will be no different. Its up to the Dealers to get Training for the Techs. Take your LEAFS back to your Dealer and demand that they have a LEAF Trained TECH look at it whiel you wait.. Remind them that you are an Early Adopter of a Product that can go either way.. Don't expect the Service Staff to drop everything for you as they think that the EV LEAF is a Flash in the PAN. I have talked to many folks at Nissan Dealerships that just don't get it.. And Write to Nissan NA and tell them what you are experiencing.. The Service Staff should be much more attentive to the new Technology rather than simply tell you to ignore your MIL .. ( Idiot Lights)

Back