VPP program for Leaf 2013 : Invoice - $1,000

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure that would be a no. There are severL categories of preferred and page one of this thread has a link to the details
rwarren said:
First post, but long-time lurker here....

I'm trying to figure out if I can be eligible for the VPP program, but I'm not quite sure. My brother is an active duty physician in the Navy and I'm not sure if he can "gift" me a VPP code. Does anyone know if that's possible?

Thanks!

First Post
My wife needed a replacement for her leased Subaru Forester. She has a law practice and her two courts and her office are easily within Leaf range even though we live in a very rural area.
I work at Schneider Electric and we qualified for the VPP Class D discount.
My first visit to a Nissan dealer gave me a quote of $2200 down and $224 a month after all taxes and fees for a 24 /12000 LEAF S.
The second was a much larger dealership and we got a flat $1000 and $254 for a SL! with tinted windows.

We signed and drove home.
Depending whatever surplus miles out of the 1000 a month are left,I will drive it to work (43 miles each way)and have free access to one of Schneiders Level 2 chargers. That should save $50 gas each month as well.

Given the daily drive of < 50 miles the trickle charger seem more than adequate and there is a Blink charger at her most often visited courthouse.

Will report more as we build some miles on it.
John

KatesCar said:
My first visit to a Nissan dealer gave me a quote of $2200 down and $224 a month after all taxes and fees for a 24 /12000 LEAF S.
The second was a much larger dealership and we got a flat $1000 and $254 for a SL! with tinted windows.
It's a shame that the VPP no haggle pricing isn't as straightforward as it should be.

But congrats on the new car!

KatesCar said:
First Post
My wife needed a replacement for her leased Subaru Forester. She has a law practice and her two courts and her office are easily within Leaf range even though we live in a very rural area.
I work at Schneider Electric and we qualified for the VPP Class D discount.

We signed and drove home.
Depending whatever surplus miles out of the 1000 a month are left,I will drive it to work (43 miles each way)and have free access to one of Schneiders Level 2 chargers. That should save $50 gas each month as well.

Given the daily drive of < 50 miles the trickle charger seem more than adequate and there is a Blink charger at her most often visited courthouse.

Will report more as we build some miles on it.
John
Glad you went to the second dealership since the first one did not offer you true VPP pricing. We have been tracking VPP deals across the country on another thread and total cost of VPP leases on the 12k mile, 24 month scenerio (about $3500 a year considering down plus payments, ignoring the $395 Dispo fee at the end) are right in line with our SL deal with tinted windows. Congratulations for getting the great VPP deal you deserve!

I am leasing a Leaf 2013 S (no added packages) for $77/month out of pocket. $2,000 down, 24 months, 24,000 miles.
I was quoted $151/month out of pocket. Again, $2,000 down, 24 months with 24,000 miles on 2013 Leaf SV (no added packages).
I live in WI, and only the $7,500 Fed Tax Cr applies. I have phoned dealers all over the US looking for similar deals, but no luck. So, I am sure that I got a great deal.

I ordered GE 240 Level 2 Charger through Lowes for $755 plus tax.
My insurance is approx $850/yr with $250 deductible.

I was spending a little over $200/month on gas alone before I bought Leaf. For me leasing for $77 with 2,000 down made perfect sense. For my family Leaf is a great second car. My employer lets me charge at work if I am ever running low on battery.

For my last 2 cars, Altima and Leaf, I have negotiated over the phone and went down to the dealer to sign the papers and pick up the car. 99% of the dealers do not like negotiate over the phone, 'cos they are able to get more when you are on their premises.

My advice to those looking to lease/buy a 2013 Leaf. Do your research, be patient and negotiate hard? Nissan and the car dealer need your money more than you need the car.

Good Luck!

Ranjit

When the dealer sells you a Leaf for Invoice - $1000, is the $1000 coming out of the dealer profit or is Nissan kicking in the $1000, essentially letting them sell it to you at invoice from the dealers standpoint?

Explaining how Dealers make money is complicated. However, when the dealer sells you below invoice, it does not mean that they are selling you at a loss. A dealer is in business to make money, and not sell at a loss. Once in a while they may sell something at a loss, but in that case it is still a smart decision.

understood that there are many contributors to the dealers bottom line profit.

I would expect that the "Loyalty $1000" for 2011/2012 owners is coming out of Nissan's corporate pocket, not the dealers.

What I am asking is, is it the same for the $1000 discount on the VPP program? Does Nissan corporate help the dealer by paying for that discount, is it just setting the price below invoice that the dealer needs to use?

Yogi62 said:
What I am asking is, is it the same for the $1000 discount on the VPP program? Does Nissan corporate help the dealer by paying for that discount, is it just setting the price below invoice that the dealer needs to use?

no. you can get both

That's good to hear!

Let me state the other part of the question more clearly.

When you get the $2000 discount from invoice based on the VPP program and the Loyalty program, does the dealer make the same profit as if I had just walked off the street and paid invoice price?

i got that call from my dealer:
come in and sell your 2011 and buy a 2013 at a great price.

I would consider doing this for a total cost of 4k.
I do not lease.
does anyone have experience in trading in a 2011 for a 2013?
what did it cost?
it feels like a waste of time, especially if i dont know the battery replacement cost. getting a new battery is prolly the only reason i would entertain this.

Yogi62 said:
That's good to hear!

When you get the $2000 discount from invoice based on the VPP program and the Loyalty program, does the dealer make the same profit as if I had just walked off the street and paid invoice price?
Yes - and may be more.

Oops, looks like we could've qualified for the VPP through my wife's work. Oh well, I only paid about $600 more it looks like. Not bad really. Not feeling too bad about it, but wondering why my wife didn't tell me! I guess it slipped her mind. =P

Yogi62 said:
That's good to hear!

kee in mind that the standard vehicle pricing is designed with 2 things in mind

1) MSRP will make EVERYONE and insane amount of money.

2) no one pays MSRP

so the price is supposed to have a lot of wiggle room. hence my concern expressed in another thread (I think? it could have been this one) that by the time I get ready to pull trigger on lease version 2, the prices will not be so lovely. I am now kicking around the idea of possibly leasing a few months before my current lease ends. now this will undoubtedly put me into a 2013 but thinking my lease ends so early in 2014 that I might not have a choice anyway. so all really depends on when the 2014's come out

Long time lurker, first time poster: My GF works for one of the companies shown on their spreadsheet. How do I tell what her company code is (all I see is the number they are listed at on the spread sheet) and will we have to lease it in her name or will I qualify as friends and family?

oxo said:
Long time lurker, first time poster: My GF works for one of the companies shown on their spreadsheet. How do I tell what her company code is (all I see is the number they are listed at on the spread sheet) and will we have to lease it in her name or will I qualify as friends and family?
I believe that you will need to request a discount code on Nissan's website using your GF's email address. Not sure about who has to lease the car, it will likely have to be on her name, but it would be good to confirm that with Nissan. Isn't there a support line listed on the website?

surfingslovak said:
oxo said:
I believe that you will need to request a discount code on Nissan's website using your GF's email address. Not sure about who has to lease the car, it will likely have to be on her name, but it would be good to confirm that with Nissan. Isn't there a support line listed on the website?

Yep and closed today and maybe tomorrow because of the Holiday?

Very surprised to see that even my government employer is on the list.. Hope it stays on there until the 200-mile LEAF arrives!!

Thanks for this post! I just took advantage of it last night to get my 2013 SL. Good price with no haggle. Overall great buying experience.

Back