Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **COMPLETED**

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stanton and Rake,

Thanks so much for clarifying the Wet Okole terminology for me. So now I just have to make some aesthetic decisions!

Lee

I just placed an order and have a few clarification I want to pass along in case it's not clear to somebody:

1. A "set" is either the front or back. If you order both front and back, that's 2 sets. Then obviously shipping would be $30 for 2 sets.
2. The piping option (full or half) pricing is per set. This has never been clear to me before. So if you order both front and back (2 sets), full piping for both sets will cost you 2x$32=$64 and half-piping will cost you 2x$24=$48.
3. Somebody already mentioned this before, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning again that the rear pocket option only comes in black, regardless of your configuration and fabric selection. I chose not to select it because a black patch defeats the purpose of my full piping selection to keep one color across.
4. When I asked whether I'll get confirmation via email, I was told no, they don't plan to send out any confirmation. They said the only email I'll receive is when they're done and ready to ship it out, they'll send me a notification email with the tracking number. I said what if there's some mix up and I get the wrong color or option? They proceeded to review my colors and options on the phone and I said that's fine, but that's not good enough for me and I'd like it in writing via an email so that there cannot be any confusion whatsoever later on just in case. They obliged and said they'll send me an email in that case. I find it odd that they don't want to email a confirmation with all the information in the first place and that I had to insist on it. It's just good business practice all around to send a confirmation email. This is the first time I've encountered this situation.

Volusiano said:
They obliged and said they'll send me an email in that case. I find it odd that they don't want to email a confirmation with all the information in the first place and that I had to insist on it. It's just good business practice all around to send a confirmation email. This is the first time I've encountered this situation.

Very odd indeed. I would have preferred to place the order online to help ensure that everything was ordered properly as well.

I hope people post when their seats arrive and take pics ..Im really looking forward to recieving the seat covers..

mark13 said:
I hope people post when their seats arrive and take pics ..Im really looking forward to recieving the seat covers..
Yes, please!
I would love to see pics of all the great combinations MNL members have chosen.
Also, any tips or tricks that might help other members to more easily install (and maintain) their new covers.
I plan on taking photos and doing a DIY thread, but I will likely have my covers before my LEAF. So someone else might beat me to it.

Here are the logo color samples which compare the blue hues against the cobalt blue (piping color) swatch

ocean blue -
IMAG0336.jpg

turquoise -
IMAG0334.jpg

royal blue -
IMAG0333.jpg

ocean blue -
IMAG0332.jpg

Just posting the files the Wet Okole shared with me. Thanks to those who did the heavy lifting to make these available.

Cheers

MsLusty said:
Ooh, I thought royal blue was the only option. I guess I need to call them and request it in ocean blue.
Or not. "That's already been ordered", so no changing the graphic color now. I guess royal blue will be ok, but ocean looks better to me.

QueenBee said:
Volusiano said:
They obliged and said they'll send me an email in that case. I find it odd that they don't want to email a confirmation with all the information in the first place and that I had to insist on it. It's just good business practice all around to send a confirmation email. This is the first time I've encountered this situation.
Very odd indeed. I would have preferred to place the order online to help ensure that everyone was ordered properly as well.
They "promised" to send me a confirmation email, but it's been over 24 hours already and I still have yet to receive any. Not sure what the holdup is.

I am yet to place order and for my red leaf thinking of going with charcoal in the side and grey in the middle. Will the ocean blue logo look ok? What about he piping? Better to stay with gray piping or the blue to match the blue dash lights and blue leaf logo will be ok?

Worried that wife may not like it even if I am wiling to risk it.

csriram45 said:
I am yet to place order and for my red leaf thinking of going with charcoal in the side and grey in the middle. Will the ocean blue logo look ok? What about he piping? Better to stay with gray piping or the blue to match the blue dash lights and blue leaf logo will be ok?

A lot of us have ordered charcoal/lt. gray combo (I'm getting the charcoal as main color, and full piping in gray), and I'm getting the blue logo as well. I think it will look good in my black leaf.

If your leaf is red, you might want to stay away from blue seats, but the logo is always a +1

csriram45 said:

who orders colors and upholstery without SO input?

thankyouOB said:
csriram45 said:

pirates? arrrrrr!

thankyouOB said:
csriram45 said:

ha ha.. someone who is gonna suffer for the rest of his life...No way am I ordering without her input... but I want to be clear what I want so then I can convince her. :)

With my SO's blessing, I just ordered light gray covers with cobalt blue piping and an ocean blue zero emission graphic on the front seats!

I asked them about having charcoal on the outside. Apparently they used to do 3-tone a long time ago, but they don't any more.

Wow, this decision was much more difficult than the LEAF purchase decision! After much head scratching and reading and re-reading the choices that others have made, I wavered, but ultimately stayed with my original selection of 21-21-23P for both front and rear seats. I just now placed my order.
Rick

Back