What is a good price to sell my Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supra410

Thinking about selling my Leaf. I've been eyeing a preowned GTR for a while as they have been dipping in commoners price range. I'm curious what would be a fair price for my Leaf. It's a red 11 SL with 18.5k miles. Overall in great shape with a small area of scratches on back bumper. Doesn't detract from the cars appearance. I joined the 11 bar club a couple months ago. My latest charge yielded 238 gids 56.2 ah. I'm considering listing it for $15,900. Am I asking too much? I really hate to sell it, but the misses doesn't want a parking lot in front of the house.

Replacing a Leaf w/ a GT-R? Niiiiiiiiiiice!

I'd like to hear more details on the GT-R; year, options, miles, mods, dealer certified, etc.

Drivesolo said:
Replacing a Leaf w/ a GT-R? Niiiiiiiiiiice!

I'd like to hear more details on the GT-R; year, options, miles, mods, dealer certified, etc.

Haha. Well actually my Toyota Supra Turbo is being replaced by the GTR. Believe it or not a 98 Chevy prizm is the leafs replacement. The Gtr will be the new garage queen/weekend warrior. Haven't narrowed down a specific car as I have not unloaded the leaf. My target price is 45 to 59k. I see many 09-11 gtrs hover in this price range. Hope to scoop one up in the next month or two.

To get a pulse of your local market (even though it's an EV) I would take a run by a Carmax if you have one close by to see what they're wholesaling for --- unless it's somewhat of a special interest car (I sold a pristine garage queen, no Midwest winters '99 Miata w/hardtop in literally 3 hours through the Miata Forum) you need to see what the going rate is. Your car is also only 2 years old so you're gonna take the depreciation hit no matter what and if the battery has already 'lost' its ability to fully charge that has to be reflected in the price --- I've used Carmax a few times to determine kind of a baseline price when it's something I'm considering trading in (here in IL we pay the difference between the new car deducting the value of the trade to determine how much of an 8.25% sales tax you pay at registration); on cars that I'm not trading I see what the going rate is (check the thread on wholesale LEAF values as well) and see what the best move would be. I did a quick lookup on edmunds using your zip and listing 'average' condition and it was between $14.4K (trade) and $15.7K (private sale); not sure what Carmax and/or a Nissan dealer might offer you but might be a tougher sale to a 'newbie' regardless if it's no longer 100%

One thing to remember is the diff between listed price and actual value or what you can sell for. I can list the one I paid 35k for sale at 50k, but it won't sell at that. Other listings are useful for knowing what you aren't going to get above on selling price. But kbb, edmunds etc is where you will get a better idea for what the cars are selling for. It is worthwhile to look at both data sets.

Also, I have been able to wholesale a couple cars for 1-3k over what the dealer offered for trade in. So also check with local dealers and ask for a wholesale offer.

supra410 said:
My target price is 45 to 59k.
Have you test driven a Tesla Model S? Would be more expensive, but not inordinately so. Could be a daily driver AND a weekend toy. Depends on your preference, of course.

238 GIDs on 11 bars is pretty good. i get that on 12 bars but my ahr is 57.10 so not a whole lot of difference. as far as cars, I would get the Tesla too if you are looking to spend that much money.

I absolutely love the Tesla! I think it is a fabulous car in every way. I dont care for the roadster, but the S is gorgeous throughout. Since this is a very expensive car purchase, compared to prior cars bought. For the money I think Godzilla would be more fun to own. Also, I tend to keep toy cars well over a decade and a 12v battery is quite a bit cheaper to replace, than a batt pack. I'd love to keep the Leaf. Unfortunately, spousal law rules in my house. ;)

+1
As quick as the Tesla Model S is, it's performance still can't match that of the GT-R. Even the first MY2009 w/ it's exploding tranny was quicker than the current P85. If the OP does track events w/ his hero car, then the Model S is pretty much out of consideration since there probably isn't a Tesla Supercharger in the immediate vicinity of the tracks he goes to. Currently the GT-R is the best bang for the buck of any super-car, provided you can find a reasonable seller.

Drivesolo said:
+1
As quick as the Tesla Model S is, it's performance still can't match that of the GT-R. Even the first MY2009 w/ it's exploding tranny was quicker than the current P85. If the OP does track events w/ his hero car, then the Model S is pretty much out of consideration since there probably isn't a Tesla Supercharger in the immediate vicinity of the tracks he goes to. Currently the GT-R is the best bang for the buck of any super-car, provided you can find a reasonable seller.

A local fellow Supra enthusiast has an 09. Has yet to shell out its trans. (Knocking on wood). I will say, it is a spectacular drive. While vacationing in Vegas last July. I rented a 2012 Ferrari 458 italia. While that car was phenomenal. I still thought the Gt-r seemed to have an upper hand in the performance dept. I'm not much of a racer anymore. More like a spectator. :D

Back