What's the record for quickest body damage?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveInAvl

My '14 SL, which I picked up on March 18, was keyed earlier today while charging at the Asheville, NC Visitor's Center. The APD took a report and building staff are going through security camera footage. This was in a busy parking lot between about 11AM - 1PM. The left front fender looks pretty awful.

Other than this, I love the car :)

DaveInAvl said:
My '14 SL, which I picked up on March 18, was keyed earlier today while charging at the Asheville, NC Visitor's Center. The APD took a report and building staff are going through security camera footage. This was in a busy parking lot between about 11AM - 1PM. The left front fender looks pretty awful.

Other than this, I love the car :)

Bastards!!! - Did you find the person on the camera?

After 3 days I got a Dime sized Notch in my back bumper from some AHole in NYC.

aholeinnyc.jpg

Someone grazed the rear quarter panel on my driver side within the first 3-4 weeks of owning my Leaf. I couldn't believe my bad luck. The car was parked, I wasn't there and of course the perpetrator didn't leave a note.

Day 1 - pulled into the garage. Wife added padding to the garage post so I wouldn't dent the door. I was careless in moving the aluminum ladder on her side of the garage and dumped it on its side which knocked a chair into the front driver's side fender. Damage is not noticeable unless you know exactly where to look. This was within first hour of getting the car home.

The shortest amount of time I have heard of was a guy who totaled a brand new Acura making a left turn out of the dealer lot where he had just bought it. I think he was at fault too.

I suppose this could be beaten if you total the car while on a test drive.

mikeEmike said:
The shortest amount of time I have heard of was a guy who totaled a brand new Acura making a left turn out of the dealer lot where he had just bought it. I think he was at fault too.

Yikes! Forty years ago I heard of something like this involving one of Kawasaki's maniacal 750cc two-stroke triples... only all he did was roll on the throttle. Instant pirouette, I was told.

Lasareath said:
Let's just say the situation is developing.

And I had to smile today - I got the estimate to sand & repaint the fender and door damage, and here in the Bible belt the total came to $666! :D

LOL make sure they know they can't bake the paint on. They'll destroy the main batteries.

DaveInAvl said:
Lasareath said:
Let's just say the situation is developing.

And I had to smile today - I got the estimate to sand & repaint the fender and door damage, and here in the Bible belt the total came to $666! :D

Lasareath said:
LOL make sure they know they can't bake the paint on. They'll destroy the main batteries.]
:eek: :shock: :(

Um, I mean, "Thanks for the reminder."

The estimate showed "Days To Repair" as 5 days; maybe that's why.

Berlino said:
DaveInAvl said:
My '14 SL, which I picked up on March 18, was keyed earlier today while charging at the Asheville, NC Visitor's Center.

Were any other cars vandalized, or do you think the LEAF was singled out?
That's the worst part of this: It was the driver of another LEAF.

Mine was charging at the only working port of the two at that location, with the charging cable locked on. Security camera video shows another LEAF pulling up next to mine and the driver walking between the cars a couple of times in the direction of the keying, then driving off. Management has an idea of who it might have been. Police are involved, and this info has been passed along to them.

DaveInAvl said:

Mine was charging at the only working port of the two at that location, with the charging cable locked on. Security camera video shows another LEAF pulling up next to mine and the driver walking between the cars a couple of times in the direction of the keying, then driving off. Management has an idea of who it might have been. Police are involved, and this info has been passed along to them.
WTF? I guess this brings new meaning to the term "Charge Rage".

Hope they catch them!

DaveInAvl said:

Sorry about this entire incident. I have to admit, I didn't expect it was another EV!

I hope the culprit will be caught and pay up, so it doesn't impact your insurance.

drees said:
I guess this brings new meaning to the term "Charge Rage".
Well, it's convinced me not to lock the charging cable onto the car and leave the premises. It's hard to tell from the blurry video, but it's likely the individual first tried to unplug it from mine to put it into hers. If someone needs it that badly and I'm not there, I guess I'll just let 'em cut into line. I'm retired and have the time to wait a little longer if that should ever come up. I spent too many years of my life eaten up with righteous indignation to go there again over this.

Of course, I could also bring a book and stay with the car while it charges... today I did just that, and sat with the heater and stereo going. Slowed the charge a little but I was enjoying my new ride while getting free fuel. What's not to like? :D

DaveInAvl said:
drees said:
I guess this brings new meaning to the term "Charge Rage".
Well, it's convinced me not to lock the charging cable onto the car and leave the premises. It's hard to tell from the blurry video, but it's likely the individual first tried to unplug it from mine to put it into hers. If someone needs it that badly and I'm not there, I guess I'll just let 'em cut into line. I'm retired and have the time to wait a little longer if that should ever come up. I spent too many years of my life eaten up with righteous indignation to go there again over this.
Good attitude to have. IMO the only reason to get pissed about the locking charge port is when someone's car finishes charging and keeps the plug locked which prevents sharing. Doesn't sound like that was what happened here, though.

Back