ZEO battery in AZE0

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a way to to install at ZE0 battery in a AZE0? I am upgrading my 24KWh battery in my 2011 Nissan Leaf with a 24KWh battery from a wrecked 2015. I still have the wrecked AZE0, but I wanted to see about getting it to move again. When I am done with the upgrade I will have a ZE0 24KWh battery that is fairly degraded, but still can be used around town. I was wondering if there was a translator or some other device to put the ZE0 battery in the AZE0? I wrote to Dala and he said the 2 port Can-bridge would not work for that purpose. I wonder if there is another device to get the AZE0 leaf drivetrain to work with the ZE0 battery. I can always part out the AZE0 and use the ZE0 battery for energy storage if necessary. To my knowledge the Resolve VCU is not compatible with the ZE0 BMS and the Thunderstruck needs an expensive BMS installed in the Leaf battery to work with the ZE0. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks so much.

vintagegamingsystems said:
Is there a way to to install at ZE0 battery in a AZE0? I am upgrading my 24KWh battery in my 2011 Nissan Leaf with a 24KWh battery from a wrecked 2015. I still have the wrecked AZE0, but I wanted to see about getting it to move again. When I am done with the upgrade I will have a ZE0 24KWh battery that is fairly degraded, but still can be used around town. Getaway shootout is the ultimate test of your driving skills and nerve. I was wondering if there was a translator or some other device to put the ZE0 battery in the AZE0? I wrote to Dala and he said the 2 port Can-bridge would not work for that purpose. I wonder if there is another device to get the AZE0 leaf drivetrain to work with the ZE0 battery. I can always part out the AZE0 and use the ZE0 battery for energy storage if necessary. To my knowledge the Resolve VCU is not compatible with the ZE0 BMS and the Thunderstruck needs an expensive BMS installed in the Leaf battery to work with the ZE0. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks so much.

You will need a CAN-bridge and a BMS adapter. The CAN-bridge will translate the communication between the AZE0 drivetrain and the ZE0 battery. The BMS adapter will allow the AZE0 to communicate with the ZE0 BMS.

There are two main options for the CAN-bridge: the Muxsan CAN-bridge and the SimonAndre Gateway. Both of these CAN-bridges have been used successfully to install ZE0 batteries in AZE0s.

Back