Nissan's Latest Infiniti EV Tease

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indyflick

Here's an article on CNET, "This is the EV that Infiniti has been promising". Purportedly based on the LEAF platform.

EV_sketch_610x343.jpg

Moved.

I like the new look. I'd consider it if it isn't more expensive than model S ...

Earlier the rumor was it will look like this ... obviously wrong.

Essence_EXT_013_610x407.jpg

evnow said:
Moved.

I like the new look. I'd consider it if it isn't more expensive than model S ...

Earlier the rumor was it will look like this ... obviously wrong.

Essence_EXT_013_610x407.jpg

I LOVE the Infiniti Essence :cool: . I thought it was going to be just a "Strong Hybrid"???

Ya know, I just looked at this newest Infiniti sketch very carefully and noticed a couple of things. One- it has the "interesting" shoulder signature of the Essence concept (moved a bit rearward) but more importantly, Two - it is a coupe.

BTW- Nissan/Infiniti have announced that they will be unveiling "a new Infiniti EV" at the Paris motor show next week! They have a great reputation for showing almost production ready concepts so the wait is almost over.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/09/29/is-this-the-end-of-tesla-motors.aspx

A real competitor

Nissan hasn't released much in the way of details on the Infiniti yet, but we can make a few assumptions. We know that it'll hold five passengers, that it's being described as "high performance," and that the impressionistic, airbrushed-looking sketch shows a swoopy sedan with a nose somewhat reminiscent of recent Audis.

It seems reasonable to assume that it'll offer an upgrade over the Leaf in terms of both size and range, making it more closely comparable to the Model S. I think it's certainly reasonable to assume that it'll be competitive on price -- maybe very competitive. And it's coming in 2013 -- after the scheduled launch of the Model S, but not long after.

What's more, I doubt the Infiniti will be the only electric car aimed at the Model S's intended market once 2013 rolls around. Will you be surprised if the next few months bring news of an upcoming EV from Lexus, or Lincoln, or Audi, with five-passenger capacity, a 150ish-mile range, a full array of high-tech luxury trimmings, and a price around $60,000?

It looks to have a huge amount of space under the hood. I wonder what's under there? Maybe when we see the real thing it will look different.

Back