WSJ Rumble Seat: 2022 Porsche Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouldergramp

"2022 Porsche Taycan: A Tesla Rival That’s Eye-Catching
—but Pricey
The all-electric Porsche Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo costs more and has a shorter range than Tesla.
But with relatively few in production, this gorgeously styled roadster has the power to make people
look twice.
Base price: $187,600
Price, as tested: $208,650 (incl. $1,350 delivery)
Powertrain: all-electric AWD, with permanently excited AC synchronous motors (375 hp)
on front and rear axle; two-speed transmission on the rear axle; liquid-cooled/heated 93.4
kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
Length/height/width/wheelbase: 195.8/55.5/74.4/114.3 inches
Max system power: <616 hp (750 hp in Overboost w/Launch Control)
Curb weight: 5,199 pounds
0-60 mph: 2.7 seconds (with Launch Control)
Top speed: 155 mph
Cargo capacity: 2.9/14.3/41.4 cubic feet (front trunk, rear trunk, rear with seats folded)
EPA estimated range: 202 miles
Charging time: 5-80% 22.5/93 minutes (CCS fast-/50 kW-charging)"

Yeah, I'll park it next to my Lambo. This is for the "cool" kid on the block with money to burn.

In case you want to read the article referenced in the OP:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/2022-porsche-taycan-a-tesla-rival-thats-eye-catchingbut-pricey-11634230799
https://archive.is/Ha2WM (avoid paywall)

If Tesla would only start production of their oft-promised new Roadster (*), it's range would put the TTSCT (**) to shame.

(*) but my wife still won't buy me one for my birthday, even if it was being produced
(**) the acronym the Dan Neil uses in the article for the mouthful name of this car

I saw one of these bad boys at our local NDEW event and it was drop-dead gorgeous inside and out (sort of a baby-blue external color).

Back