2017 30KWH Battery warranty, Service records

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyA

Sorry if this has been covered in another post but I have a question about service records required prior to a HV battery warranty claim. I've read the discussions about Leaf owners horror stories related to warranty claims. My 2017 30 KWH Leaf is at 8 bars with 56Kmi and I'm going to try to make a warranty claim.

The warranty booklet has the following statement. Does Nissan enforce this?:

"You are required to perform annual EV Battery Usage Reports at intervals of 12 months, 24 months, 36 months, 48 months,60 months, 72 months, and 84 months. These EVBattery Usage Reports can be performed by a NissanLEAF certified dealer or any qualified repair shop facility. The 12 and 24 month EV Battery Usage Report will be performed at no charge to the customer, provided the work is done at a Nissan LEAF certified dealer."

Thanks in advance
Bill

Thanks. The car did have the battery reprogram recall PC630 done at 18K miles. I just dropped the car off at the nissan dealer for the battery ground strap recall and to evaluate low battery range. I'm curious what they say. I will ask about the warranty when I pick up the car later today.

Back