cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

The Expanse - formerly on SyFy, now an Amazon Original

Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:41 pm

Another season 4 trailer was release today: https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/10/ ... 4-trailer/.

Interesting choice of voiceover...

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Zythryn

Re: The Expanse - formerly on SyFy, now an Amazon Original

Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:07 pm

cwerdna wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:41 pm
Another season 4 trailer was release today: https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/10/ ... 4-trailer/.

Interesting choice of voiceover...
OMG, that is so spot on for this show, as well as our world.
Almost brought me to tears :cry:
Previous owner of Prius, Volt, Leaf & Model S
Current owner of Model 3
http://www.netzeromn.com

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Oh Boy! Both this and "Lost In Space" will be back. ;)

Who was it who tried to sell me on The Expanse by telling me how realistic it was, how dedicated to following the laws of physics...? As the Red Army commander said to the wholesale foods Apparatchik (right before having him shot for trying to pass him fresh produce from Chernobyl): "Eez GOOD ONE, Comrade!"
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

jlv
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:09 pm

LeftieBiker wrote: Who was it who tried to sell me on The Expanse by telling me how realistic it was, how dedicated to following the laws of physics...?
It still is. Not sure what you are implying, but they still are doing a good job of it.

If you've not watched the show or read the books, then you'd best not watch the trailer and judge. This is now covering the 4th book (Cibola Burn), as well as parts of the the 5th (Nemesis Games). Many things have happened in the universe of The Expanse at this point.

This show continues to hit it out of the park.
LEAF '13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17, sold 11/18) 34K mi, AHr 58, SOH 87%
Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Tesla X 100D (12/18)
85K 100% BEV miles since '14
ICE free since '18

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:04 pm

"The Churn" podcast has come back to life with a teaser. Apparently the cast is already heading to filming for Season 5!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 1201600018
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:10 pm

jlv wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:09 pm
LeftieBiker wrote: Who was it who tried to sell me on The Expanse by telling me how realistic it was, how dedicated to following the laws of physics...?
It still is. Not sure what you are implying, but they still are doing a good job of it.

If you've not watched the show or read the books, then you'd best not watch the trailer and judge. This is now covering the 4th book (Cibola Burn), as well as parts of the the 5th (Nemesis Games). Many things have happened in the universe of The Expanse at this point.

This show continues to hit it out of the park.

Except for a few minutes of one or two early eps skipped, I've watched the whole show. It is almost exactly as scientifically faithful as Babylon 5, meaning that it isn't bad like Star Trek, but is nothing to boast loudly about for its science, either. The first season they tried to have perceived sound in space when it could be thought of as the sound from inside a craft. But by the time the Green Goo That Ate Ceres arrived, missiles were whooshing passed in space, momentum was a lifestyle choice rather than a law, and at one point I swear they confused velocity with acceleration. Also, that fusion drive isn't science fiction - it's a deus ex machina via backyard tinkerer. We may as well say that "Cities In Flight" was real science because the premise involved electron spin. The acting is, well, let's just say it runs the gamut, and that it's almost always a bad idea for stars to be producers...

I'm looking forward to seeing Ambassador Kosh again.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Off-Topic”