goldbrick
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:33 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 311806
Location: Boulder, CO

RIP RBG

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:07 pm

I'm sad to hear about the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. She was a true American in my opinion and she will be sorely missed. She was supposedly a good friend of Antonin Scalia. May they both rest in peace.

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 16150
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: RIP RBG

Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:34 pm

People aren't replying because it's just so damned depressing. She wanted to outlast Trump, but now McConnell - the biggest hypocrite in modern history - will be ramming a right wing asshole through confirmation before November.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Posts: 11550
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: RIP RBG

Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:38 pm

I'd say the lack of replies are due to it being bound to get political.

Yes, Moscow Mitch, the hypocrite, even last year said https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 268883001/. And, he reiterated this today: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/18/trump-n ... -says.html. I fear you are right as (from what it sounds like at work) the Dems are powerless to stop it. :( Hope they can stall for enough time and throw Moscow Mitch's words and behavior back at him.

Over at TivoCommunity, where political discussion isn't allowed outside a paid members area (I'm not one), someone posted "Sad news for her and her family. Great news for the country." :roll: You might imagine how that turned out. The thread RIP RBG thread got quickly locked a few posts after that.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: RIP RBG

Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:16 pm

goldbrick wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:07 pm
I'm sad to hear about the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. She was a true American in my opinion and she will be sorely missed. She was supposedly a good friend of Antonin Scalia. May they both rest in peace.
+1, Well Said! She blazed a path and opened doors for women in law and was a champion of civil rights. She will be missed on the Court and by America. May she rest in peace.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015; traded 8/10/2019 at 82,436 miles
White LEAF 2019 SL Plus purchased 8/10/2019

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5845
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: RIP RBG

Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:33 am

I hope the Dems stay away from underhanded tricks regarding the appointment. It will just give Trump more ammunition for the election. I know a lot of people are saying to play just as dirty as the GOP. That's a bad road, imho.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 16150
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: RIP RBG

Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:09 pm

The underhanded trick here would be trying to appoint someone before January, given the blocking of Gorsuch by McConnell and the stated reason for that. I agree that they should try to avoid dirty tricks, but civil disobedience would NOT fall into that category.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

WetEV
Posts: 4130
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: RIP RBG

Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:44 pm

WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 16150
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: RIP RBG

Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:00 pm

WetEV wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:44 pm
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/ ... a657e776f6

The dirty trick I expect.
Paywall. Excerpt?
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5845
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: RIP RBG

Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:09 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:09 pm
The underhanded trick here would be trying to appoint someone before January, given the blocking of Gorsuch by McConnell and the stated reason for that. I agree that they should try to avoid dirty tricks, but civil disobedience would NOT fall into that category.
The GOP were defying the spirit of the Constitution with Gorsuch, but Tit for Tat just leads us down the road of having 2 morally bankrupt parties. One is enough. With two there is no hope at all.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 16150
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: RIP RBG

Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:11 pm

Nubo wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:09 pm
LeftieBiker wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:09 pm
The underhanded trick here would be trying to appoint someone before January, given the blocking of Gorsuch by McConnell and the stated reason for that. I agree that they should try to avoid dirty tricks, but civil disobedience would NOT fall into that category.
The GOP were defying the spirit of the Constitution with Gorsuch, but Tit for Tat just leads us down the road of having 2 morally bankrupt parties. One is enough. With two there is no hope at all.
No, with one party out of two totally corrupt there is no hope now - they can get whatever they want as long as they are in power, and even sometimes when not, if they can block the majority party. The moral high ground means little when it's located in a distant pit. The country is in the shape it's in precisely because, with the election of Reagan (or perhaps Nixon), the Republicans started to abandon any sense of decency. They have also managed to impart their worldview on a majority of the younger people in the country, to some degree.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Off-Topic”