Winner?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onlyjaymoo

Does anyone know who won the first Event for votes on their video? Winner should have been announced on 11/12 or thereabouts...

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Winners.aspx

They're rolling out several winners, spread out by the tour schedule. There's already one winner, but there will be others. Looks like I'll have to buy one.

DRIVE ELECTRIC TOUR; #votes database corrupted?

If you go to https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Winners.aspx

You will see that "William C." apparently won the Portland OR event. I severely doubt that and sent them an email to ask that they compare my votes with his.

But this web page is acting very strangely. When you click on David's or Giovanni's name, it links to their video, but then you click on any of the other three, it links to Giovanni's video again!

I am disappointed because I went to great extents to try and win this event.

I handed out LEAFlets to about 250 of my neighbor's,
Posted to about 25 internet forums,
Posted to youtube and gained a raw youtube video viewcount of about 44,000 views amongst all my videos in which I asked for votes.
Posted to facebook.
Gave my hair stylist about 150 LEAFlets to help get her customers to vote for me.

Distributed LEAFlets around my college.

ARGH!!

Also, I was the youngest person that I saw at the event during the entire 3 hours that I was there. And only 1 noticed only 1 or 2 other people making videos during that time.

DaveinOlyWA said:
are we not waiting for the GRAND Prize. if you did not win the local prize, then you are still in the running correct?
Nope. The Grand Prize winner will be selected from the 23 Event Winners. So S/he will actually be getting TWO "vehicles" :)

From Nissan's website:

"GRAND PRIZE WINNER: The Event Winner (as determined above) who accumulated the highest number of votes from among all 23 Events will be declared the potential Grand Prize Winner. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by phone, mail or e-mail within two (2) following the Promotion end date, and must complete, sign and return Winner Documents (as described above). If the Winner Documents are not returned within seven (7) calendar days after notice is sent, or if they are returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and the Event Winner with the next highest overall vote total will be selected."

danwat1234 said:
And yet you haven't posted here - http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1532 ;)
Seriously, you did put in a lot of effort for this, and I hope you were given a fair chance.
It appears you lost out on the Trek bike. But if you're shooting for the grand prize of a new LEAF, my understanding of the rules is you still have until the end of the tour next March to garner up those votes. If you get the most votes, even though you didn't win the event prize, you could ultimately win the car.

johnr said:
danwat1234 said:
And yet you haven't posted here - http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1532 ;)
Seriously, you did put in a lot of effort for this, and I hope you were given a fair chance.
It appears you lost out on the Trek bike. But if you're shooting for the grand prize of a new LEAF, my understanding of the rules is you still have until the end of the tour next March to garner up those votes. If you get the most votes, even though you didn't win the event prize, you could ultimately win the car.

That doesn't seem fair. I thought voting was only open for about a month for each event. Otherwise san Diego folks get many more months to accumulate votes than Texas folks.

John, Palmer,
/or
See my previous post in this thread and/or read Nissan's rules. The Grand Prize Winner is chosen from the 23 Event Winners. San Diego voting is over and no, if Danwat didn't win his event, he won't win the car.

Yeah guys, look who "William C." is. Do you seiously think they were able to get as many points as me? Do you think they had the time?

This competition is rigged by the sponsor, no doubt. A nice family won the event.. I'm not saying they don't 'deserve' it but just look at my side.

-I posted to about 25 internet forums and netted thousands of views
-I have gone around my neighborhood and handed out 250+ leaflets to peopl at their houses.

-hair stylist giving out leaflets to customers, gave her about 150 to give out

-youtube videos annotations on my own videos, including my popular videos that get over 400 views a day (I have about 5 of these videos that are this popular) (netted ~ 44,000 views).
Even Asked for people to vote for me on the official Nissan Leaf Polar Bear youtube video!!!!! My comment was the highest rated comment so it stuck, and I netted about 8,000 views from that.
- Did similar on about 5 other Nissan Leaf youtube videos

- I had been messaging about 40 active youtube users a day who were subscribed to a green channel.

-I posted my stuff on friend's walls, including the my school's Green center and Plug in America
- put leaflets around my college

Its all good. I don't think they like the part of my video where I said the word "generator"

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=248ZRV8WHPN9

Take a look at what the "Official Rules" have to say:

Any entry will be eliminated, regardless of vote total, at any time (i) if it is not consistent with Sponsor’s reputation in the marketplace, including its reputation for quality and integrity, (ii) if it does not reflect the goals of the promotion, (iii) if the language of the entry is not suitable for all ages, (iv) or if the entry is so deficient in grammar, sentence structure or content as to be unclear or inappropriate.

danwat1234 said:

Its all good. I don't think they like the part of my video where I said the word "generator"

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=248ZRV8WHPN9

And, train horns and inverter:) Next time hire some fake kids and a wife and don't mention anything about modifications.

I agree, I'm a bit of whiner! I'll stop.
It just tweaks me that it doesn't really matter the vote count, it just matters how good the particpant's video is! This program is run by a sponsor(s) looking for ad material.
Anyway like I said, I'm done whining

I'm with you guys. However, I don't believe Nissan rigged the contest, I think contestants rig the contest by making many email addresses and voting for themselves.

I sent an email to my personal address book of 4,000, my video link was was sent to an electric car association email list of 28,000, I did the facebook thing, and I gave over 500 flyers to personal friends of mine. And I didn't even win the bike?

I'm suspicious, but that's all I'm going to say about this.

BTW, when I inquired, they declined to give me my total vote count. I don't know what's so secret about it, but whatever...

tgrich said:
I'm with you guys. However, I don't believe Nissan rigged the contest, I think contestants rig the contest by making many email addresses and voting for themselves.

I sent an email to my personal address book of 4,000, my video link was was sent to an electric car association email list of 28,000, I did the facebook thing, and I gave over 500 flyers to personal friends of mine. And I didn't even win the bike?

I'm suspicious, but that's all I'm going to say about this.

BTW, when I inquired, they declined to give me my total vote count. I don't know what's so secret about it, but whatever...

Probably because they do not care about the votecount they want a good adverticement video.... :)

Back